Sunday, September 11, 2011

MY eye injury.....

Just got Grandpa out of the hospital friday...he was released....and i went into the ER at 7am yesterday morning!....

We were feeding cows & horses yesterday on the place that has all the mesquite trees in the pasture....well, i was trying to find a new baby cow that was sick, and i did find it shading under a mesquite tree...i leaned over to help him up & doctor him, and a mesquite thorned branch slapped me right in the eye when i was getting out from under the tree!.....

if you don't know how big & sharp mesquite thorns are here's a pic of one:
It did some bad damage...my eye started bleeding & my vision got blurry...i started panicking that i had scratched my iris/retina/pupil!...it's all too weird i hurt my eye after i have been taking Grandpa to all his eye surgeries...i hope his eye trouble hasn't cursed me!.......

But anyway Uncle Pete took me to the ER after i drove back to the house about to freak out i was gonna lose my eye....they washed out my eye in the ER and did some tests on it w/stain/black light...luckily i had NO scratches on my retina/pupil/iris....should heal in a month..my sight is fine they said...*fingers crossed* it stays good!

i have a subconjunctive hemorrhage(which is basically a scratch w/blood on the white of my eye) & a corneal abrasion...it is bloody as can be...my eye looks like it could be a halloween makeup thing!...(not joking)it's very frightening but they told me in ER that it's not as bad as it looks.....i will have a bloody sore eye for a few weeks...oh cool!...LOL.....

Uncle Pete did a great job calming me down from my panic and he kept telling me it was gonna be ok...he took me to Walgreens to get my prescription...yep, back at good ol Walgreens AGAIN...for the 196876767billion time this month already!....haha...they gave me antibiotic eye drops...apparently mesquite thorns are poisonous Eli told me last night...but nobody told me that...they knew better! i would lose my mind if i had known that....lol..

I have to wear sunglasses til it heals...and keep a check on it, no eye strain/no reading..oops!...hopefully it gets better..i'm wearing sunglasses right now typing and it's 3am!....it hurts bad i couldn't sleep...

AND SSh!...do not tell my Dad...we aren't telling him because he will lecture me,yell at me about being accident prone, worry & cry over it....But...it's tough dangerous work being a cowgirl, i know what is expected of me & i will prove i am tough enough to do all this..just because i am a girl, i am not weak & scared..i may be accident prone some, ok....well......A LOT.... & Sarah may be too, but we will prove we can do this.....

he's soooo crazy acting anymore he flips out about us getting hurt all the time & i do not need lectures for 45minutes about how i need to be CAREFUL & let the guys do the dangerous stuff....i don't wanna be treated like a baby & i don't need his crazy emotional lectures either...

i know a tree i'm gonna have cut down and used for firewood this winter! bwahaha!

kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment