Tuesday, May 15, 2012

walking pneumonia it is.....

Turns out that i DO have "walking pneumonia".....

The Dr. visit went well...I was so terrified i would have high blood pressure but NOPE!...everyone in my family is a hot head so they all have high blood pressure genetically....lol...none of us are overweight or anything...it's just genetic...so i'm terrified i will have it one day.....i watch what i eat  usually,and i exercise....so that helps hopefully!...

I had a fever and my lungs were "rattling" as the doc called it...he explained to me that allergies and working in the dust and wind so many days with crazy up and down temps is a great recipe for walking pneumonia....and stress....lol....we know what idiots cause the only stress in my life lately..ahem.

I told him how i have been feeling so run down and exhausted and he said anytime you have any type of pneumonia it drains your energy...i can attest to that fact.

he gave me a Z-Pack and something called "Prednisone" that is a steroid that helps your lungs open up.....ooh steroids!...haha..i can kick ass now!...LOL....yeah, well, it's only for a few days to take until my lungs open up.....

I am feeling a little better after today being only the 2nd day for my medicine,still no energy really....but boy,it made me feel sick last night....my stomach was burning and i felt like puking....i have to avoid the sun for a few days which is impossible considering i am a cowgirl!!!...i got a little faint this evening when driving back to the house after feeding cows/horses....got too hot in the sun i guess moving those feeders over by the fence...yikes..only 20minutes is all i was out there!

but i will survive i suppose...antibiotics will throw you for a loop if you don't eat enough with them....i can't eat anything with milk/calcium in it which makes me limited....no cheese,no yogurt,no milk,no butter...none of that stuff....today i made spaghetti at noon when i had an hour off work for lunch...it was good...

anyhow while waiting in line at Walgreens for my prescription a girl told me she loved my western purse..you know that turquoise one...i told her"Oh thanks! that's very sweet of you to say.".....she asked me if i had the flu like she had and i said:"Nope walking pneumonia."..she goes:"That sucks...it's bad everybody is getting it around here!".....kinda nice to know i am not the only one miserable with it....

in Walgreens i had to buy myself a little reward for going to the Dr...and something to make me feel better...LOL (i have to bribe myself)...so i spied this nail color called Rockstar Pink...it's by Sally Hansen or something like that...Wow!..it's so sparkly and pretty..got lots of compliments...i'm wearing it now...yes,i'm a nerd about things..but that's just me being me...haha!

pneumonia kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment