Sunday, October 9, 2011

rainy sunday.....

My costume  for the Fall Carnival last night ended up being a skeleton farmer....LOL...i fell asleep after we got finished feeding horse/cows, and the nice rain fall really helped with me falling asleep....IT RAINED! ALOT!...Can you believe it?!....I just kept on sleeping in the chair then i went and got in my bed and slept more til 5:30...so i didn't have time to go buy a costume for the carnival...i made one...haha!..

I called Amy and she had face paint so i painted my face grayish-white,blacked out my eyes and painted my nose black and put black stitches around my mouth...lol..i wore blue over-alls,blue-checked long-sleeve shirt,sun-hat & cowboy boots..i tied/wrapped blue-bandannas on my wrists to look like bracelets....everybody thought it was pretty cool, so i guess i did ok w/what i had!

Luckily the rain didn't mess up the paint on my face...there was all kinds of old-fashioned games there,arts,prizes,food...you had to donate a dessert for the pie auction, so i made a pumpkin roll yesterday morning..i got that much done for it before i fell asleep....somebody bought it for $45!!!..LOL...i hope it was good...the $ from the pie auction goes to the community Christmas charity where the churches make sure all the people going through hard times have a nice Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner & their kids have gifts...i think that's really special & sweet!

we all left the carnival at 9pm and then went to the Haunted House..it's not really haunted it's a set-up Halloween house you go in this house and it's dark,set-up with mist,spooky things jump out at you,people in costume scare you,weird noises,different spooky scenarios, and the worst part of all....a black tunnel that is some kinda small circular tunnel that all of the sudden starts spinning and strobe lights start flashing..oh my god...

when that spinning and strobe lights started..i felt really sick and just closed my eyes and i felt my way through it....i don't know how they made the lights spin in it but i have never taken spinning things or strobe lights good..always makes me very sick..it messes w/my eyes or something...so i went through it eyes closed...I heard Eli say:"Oh Shit...i am gonna puke..seriously..it's gonna be bad!"..so i yelled:"Eli, close your eyes it helps!"...i guess he did...but that was all a little too much....It was so loud...finally we made it to the end...thank god.

i love my friends they are awesome..it was a lot of laughter and fun!

there was a guy there helping everyone back to the exit afterward, and at first i couldn't tell if it was guy or a woman because the voice was so soft and small..lol...they just had a dark hooded halloween costume on and painted face and they said:"Hey, Julie!"...i couldn't for the life of me figure out who or what it was, it ended up being a guy...i have no clue how he knows who i am?..because i didn't recognize him..so i just smiled and said :"Hey!" and we left..it was crowded....

i felt bad i couldn't tell at first by the voice if it was a guy or girl!!!...haha!...i grew up w/all the men in my family having these very distinct,gravelly,smokey,tough-guy voices and they all still have those voices...i'm around that all the time,so i just naturally think that's how a man's voice is supposed to be, and when it's not i get confused....i guess that's why i like men's voices to be distinct and smokey..i identify w/tough guy voices......they are really cool sounding...how crazy i'm comparing voices to each other!...Haha!..i need some more sleep this morning....

anyhow that's why i love small towns...i live in the country, but small town is enough town for me..i love all the cute festivals and things like that..well..basically it's all i've ever really known..guess that's why it's comfortable....

nice,sleepy,rainy sunday....

kisses & hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment