Sunday, November 10, 2013

dangerous weekend......

Wow...been quite a weekend....I finally ventured out to town to do a little shopping and boy, did I get myself into a mess!!!...just minding my own business and the ONE DAY I finally go to town and this happened and my car on this day of all days wouldn't start?!!! just my luck.

I went to the local city and went to a shopping center...when I got checked out and ready to head out the doors to the parking lot, to get in my car---there was a parking lot full of ambulances/fire trucks, cop cars, and highway patrol cars...lights blazing and everything....I thought:"OMG! what happened?!"...I looked across the aisle where I was parked and saw a section of yellow police "do not cross tape"....it was surrounding a vehicle in the parking lot....

a cop ran over to me and told me:"You need to leave quickly we are evacuating the parking lot!"....so I panicked totally..got into my car and the stupid car WOULD NOT START!!!...I had a car full of purchases and good thing I had put them in the trunk..it at least was out of view and would lock....

A few guys ran over to try and help me with my car(I greatly appreciated that!)...but it wouldn't start!!!...just my luck ya know?...all I can do is laugh about it and kick that stupid car....LOL....

so a cop runs over to me and screams:"You have to leave now! evacuate!"....a random guy offered me a ride to somewhere..but I declined(unsure of him) so i just ran with my purse and my rattled nerves to a local restaurant all the while not even knowing what the heck I was running for or from...

when I got into the restaurant all the people inside were watching out the window and a few women at the table across from me told me what happened and what was going on...Turns out a guy was suicidal and was making threats in the parking lot inside his vehicle and they thought he had a dangerous device he was gonna use in his threats...he was barricaded in his vehicle!

Yeah what a day huh?...for a quiet/usually calm cowgirl...it was unlike anything I had ever experienced...it was all of the sudden.....I was soooooo SCARED....just me all by myself in the local larger city and my stupid car wouldn't start!.....

I hung out in the restaurant til I saw on my phone internet that the guy had been arrested and they re-opened the parking lot...my brother drove from his work an hour away to help me get the car started...and a very nice man in the parking lot helped us...(I thanked him repeatedly and offered him $20 for his help)..but he declined...kinda restored my faith in humanity with all the people offering to help me out in my distress!....

turns out it was the stupid battery cable in the car that wasn't connecting right,,,totally embarrassed/scared....BUT oh well i'm safe and sound...and got home that evening with all my purchases...

life is crazy and some people scare the crap outta me sometimes...but as my brother said---"Get used to it...always be aware and ready for anything unfortunately...it's just the world we have to live in and get by in."

never a dull moment around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment