Thursday, November 14, 2013

extra fuzzy cow?...Harsh winter prediction?.....

Finally able to sleep sound again.....It's been great with the weather being cold and rainy...LOVE IT!

Today I was looking at some of the cows that came up in the corral to eat, and I noticed that quite a few of them have put on A LOT of fuzzy thick extra hair on their hide...

I saw my "Blue" (the steer) he came over and greeted me with a lick to the arm,hand,and face.....I said:"Oh my goodness Blue you're so fuzzy! Are you turning into a wooly mammoth??!".....LOL.

sure, it could be their winter coat i'm guessing?...Not all of them have it yet...I've always wondered the TRUE answer to that question.....oh, the things I question!...haha!

???

A man over at the cow sale this summer said that IF you have cows putting on extra fuzzy hair that it predicts a harsh winter on the way...I'm wondering if that's true, as my Grandpa said:"Nope...it's just their winter coat..kinda like all animals shed and gain their hair with the changing of the seasons."...

I like to believe the man at the sale because I like all that Farmer's Almanac stuff...lol...

it could be because they have been turned out on winter wheat recently...but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment