Thursday, April 25, 2013

prickly pear cactus....

Talked with the insurance man yesterday about filing a claim on the barn after the horrendous "tornado-esque"(haha) winds that blew part of it away....a cowgirls gotta have a barn!....lol....It's leaking really bad now when it rains and that is no good for the animals, feed, hay.....causes mold and it's cold(hey that rhymes!..lol) in the winter IF I were to let it go and not care....BUT I do care because that's part of my life.... ;)

The claims guy came out today at 10am and took pics of the damage and wrote down everything he needs to get me my insurance money...he walked ontop of the house and the barn!....he's brave...The damage was mostly on the barn but he said he could see it took a few shingles off the house....again...me and shingles on the house are always a mess in the high winds...so hopefully I will get some good money on damages so I can fix things up around this place...they should pay off good because their insurance money I pay in is really expensive and getting more so every year.

really hoping I could get enough money to spray for termites in the barn because those suckers are eating that west wall up inside....and fast...I hate so many bugs that sting/bite/harass/annoy you...just like people...lol...all species have their termites I suppose...

I found a prickly pear cactus growing out in the pasture on the hill today while out checking the animals...I dug part of it up with a good root system on it, and planted it in my flower bed....with my tough gloves on of course..My Grandma and my Aunts are all like:"Honey, are you CRAZY?...You will NEVER get rid of those cactus they never stop you're gonna have a whole yard full!"..LOL....whoops!...oh well, they look cool in the flower bed, rather rustic and I like the pretty flowers they make on them...plus they will grow when nothing else in the world will..

according to Eli he said this kinda cactus tastes pretty good...but don't think I will attempt that...Even though I have seen them in the grocery store minus the ouchy needles, I'm afraid I might see things if I ate them and I don't wanna do that!!!...yikes....

we have talked about this cactus ALL freaking day!...after today I know all that I could ever wanna know and then some about the prickly pear cactus....I learned that my Grandma and Aunts hate them with a passion and then google and Eli told me the culinary side...haha.

if all else falls through i'm sure I could be a cactus farmer...Bwahaha!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment