Sunday, May 4, 2014

keep sunday spiritual....

Went to Subway today and got a half sub with turkey, pepperoni, mustard, onions, lettuce, black olives, and of course pickles!!!...LOVE pickles...lol....I got a fountain drink lemonade that's all I drink is lemonade anymore...and water...

sundays are lazy days I usually take sundays to reflect on my spirituality since I haven't been going to church lately..kinda bored at the same old same old church eventually a new church sometime...whenever I get the notion..but I love to watch Charles Stanley on tv he's a good preacher I think....

I found this in a daily scripture book(by Max Lucado) a book that a relative gave me this weekend it made me laugh at myself because I love cows and I like taking care of them...

When God called Moses to a summit meeting, the people panicked like henless chicks...The scurvy of fear infected everyone in the camp. They crafted a metal cow and talked to it...More than three thousand years removed, we understand God's frustration. Turn to a statue for help? How stupid....face your fears by facing a cow? Udderly foolish! We opt for more sophisticated therapies:Belly Stretching food binges or budget busting shopping sprees. We bow before a whiskey bottle or lose ourselves in an eighty-hour work week.Progress? Hardly.We still face fears without facing God....rather than turn to God we turn from him., hardening our hearts. The result? Cow-worshiping folly...

made me giggle anyway.

love j.

No comments:

Post a Comment