Sunday, April 12, 2015

conserve electricity and water.....

Purchased a few more petunias yesterday along with 2 mint plants...

Chocolate Mint--smells like chocolate mint!....haha

Strawberry Mint----It's something I had never heard of before or even smelled before and it is a mint plant that smells just like Strawberries!...I don't know how that's even possible...but it is very fragrant.

i planted those yesterday and the wind blew through them and I could smell them quite a distance away.....nice.

it has been getting warmer outside now and I did have to turn on my oscillating fan ...one thing I think about all the time is how expensive electricity is and how I always try to make myself pay attention to lights and appliances I have in the house...

I always want to turn off the lights in the house when I am not using them and I want to be sure that I am always trying to conserve electricity and not leaving outlets with things turned on...always make sure that they are not on when I am not using them...

I try to conserve as much water as possible as well because we are always lately in drought stricken areas locally and that makes having enough water a problem at all times....so when it gets closer to summer I always want to conserve water and NEVER waste water it is a very precious thing these days for farmers, towns, cities, rural areas...it's a necessity to life!

I wish for more rainy/stormy days so we can have more water and make it through summer better....

they need to do that cloud seeding process that I have heard about before.....I don't know exactly how it works...but they need to do something like that because the drought is getting bad again...

crop growers need rain and moisture to make a living and grow their crops....

and it also helps with the garden/flower beds!!!

I have had to fill the cattle water tank up with water everyday it is very low, and the ponds/creeks are getting low...I like when it rains a lot after a nice storm the tributaries have so much water in them they rush....and you can see fish sometimes.











No comments:

Post a Comment