Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter cake and egg kits....

Laughing right now...Just gave Goofball a flea and tick bath!...haha...he finished his bath and he ran and rolled in the dirt and ran in circles....So much for that bath!...

Last night there were storms that went over and before the storms got here..i could hear Goofball howling very loudly and he was howling and sitting on the top of his dog house and then he started barking at the lightning....then it started raining and he ran and got in his house!....

It was funny because he was safe and everything but that dog is silly barking at a storm....maybe he is a weather dog!...haha...

Purchased the items that I needed to work on the Easter celebration cake I am making...My Grandma always made the cake when I was younger and it was always very cool and colorful to me....

I purchased:

a Funfetti cake mix with matching icing and sprinkles
1 white chocolate bunny with adornments
small candy Easter eggs
shredded coconut

What I will do is, I will bake the cake, after it cools I will put icing on the cake, after that sprinkles, then add the chocolate bunny standing next to the green coconut nest that I will then place the small candy Easter eggs in..i may tint the icing green with food coloring to look like easter grass...not sure yet!

I also think the Christian Cross cakes you can make are very beautiful and special...

I think about how we celebrate Easter because of Jesus and how special that is!...I like all the pastel colors and brightly colored candies and Easter egg kits that I have always liked purchasing and using.

There are so many different Easter egg kits you can choose from and I always liked to make glittered dyed eggs, or the shiny dyed eggs or sometimes just any Easter egg coloring kit I like them all! It's just once again another creative artistic thing to enjoy along with celebrating Jesus on Easter Day.

you have to always hard boil the eggs remember! haha!

My Grandparents hid eggs everywhere when I was a small child at Easter and we would all look for them and try to find them outside or in the house.....

after we would find the eggs we would remove the shells, and my Grandma would wash them and we would make deviled eggs...pretty good!....just because they're called Deviled eggs does not mean they are bad!...haha!....I like to eat deviled eggs on Easter day....oh Lord help us all....haha!....deviled eggs on Easter day....

my family has always enjoyed a dinner at my Grandma's on Easter day usually after church...

anyway...I am recycling!!! I've been collecting used livestock molasses/mineral tubs that are blue and I am making flower planters out of them....pretty and that is good to recycle...they are sturdy and hold plenty of potting soil and water....

anything you can recycle is always a good thing.

filled them with flowers and flower seeds all kinds of crazy ways/designs...

long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment