Wednesday, November 12, 2014

winter weather preparedness.....

It is very cold outside!!! It was 24 degrees last night and I made sure that I fed and watered my cats last night in the house and outside the house i made sure the dogs had warmed up food and a nice warm dog house with hay and out of the chilly cold wind.....

something else I always do whenever it gets very cold outside is that I always leave a little water dripping out of the faucet in the sink or bath tub so the water pipes won't freeze or break into pieces because of freezing temperatures....

I have my heater on and extra blankets on my bed so I am very warm when I go to sleep!....sometimes I wear socks to sleep in with my pajamas...I like the socks that are extra soft and all kinds of colors...I think they are microfiber fuzzy socks or called chenille socks I'm not sure of exactly what they are called...those are my favorites in all colors....comfortable socks!...

I'm thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies...they are my favorite..but I like all cookies!..chocolate chip is my favorite kind to make...I like to make those with colored chocolate chips...sometimes at different times of the year they have colored chips and I think they are very pretty.

I've been drinking a cup of hot chocolate at night since it has gotten very cold outside so I drink a cup of it before I go to sleep and it makes me very sleepy...I mix it up in a cup from a package, use milk or water, it's not homemade but I'm sure I could try making homemade hot chocolate sometime....I like to put marshmallows in mine or top it with a little whipped cream....

I also think I am going to make a vegetable stew or a chili...this week sometime...

when it gets freezing weather I like to prepare for things like checking the oil, antifreeze, gas in vehicles and I like to make sure that I have plenty of water and food incase the weather begins to freeze and the electricity might go out with power outages you have to be prepared that they may become an issue...

I watch the local weather and if they say it will be freezing or have snow, or icy weather I know I have to make a trip to the store for plenty of groceries and have drinks like water or juice there before the bad weather appears.

I don't take any necessary medicines, but if you have medicines that you absolutely need to have for medical conditions you should always have those there with you as well...and it is very dangerous to drive in icy bad roads so the news always tells me and everyone not to drive on bad roads so I stay home and watch the weather on tv and listen to music or work on my word search books..so I always try to buy a few extra word search books/markers or pens, as well to work on when the weather gets bad for something to focus on so I won't be bored.....I also sleep too.

snacks are good to have because if you have no electricity you cannot cook your meals...so I always buy snacks like gummy bears or pretzels, chips, cookies, crackers you know, things like that you see in the store that are already cooked and safe to keep in "no electricity weather"....haha!

I just try to purchase sanitary items also like paper towels, hygiene products like, deodorant, tooth paste, tissues and toilet paper....lol....I just try to make sure I have all those items here so I won't be without them if we are snowed in or have icy roads...so who knows if it will get icy or snowy or even bad weather?...but I will be prepared anyway! ;)

I like to watch snowflakes fall from the sky they are very pretty and sparkly....

love, julie









No comments:

Post a Comment