Tuesday, January 13, 2015

dizzy, painting and sketching....

Went to town yesterday and when I got home I became very dizzy and felt sick...everything was spinning and I had to lie down on the floor...

I hate being dizzy!!! I've always had inner ear problems and sometimes I get water in my ears caused from allergies, infection, or just being in the water..Maybe it was the very chilly wind that was blowing in my ear? because my ear has been hurting some...

there was some medicine in my cabinet for dizziness and I took 1..I feel much better and I'm not spinning!...it's awful to be dizzy!..thankfully I didn't get dizzy at town yesterday..I'd hate to have to lay down in the aisle at a store and cry like that infront of people!...haha....

anyway enough about my dizzy,

I purchased a few new tubes of acrylic paints...I have most colors but I have used all of the white and the light blue...Those are the 2 new colors that I purchased at the store.

I have to mix the white paint with other bold colors sometimes to get the right hue for whatever I am painting...I like the metallic acrylic paints as well..but I haven't purchased any of those just yet!

The canvas that I purchased the other day was on sale $2/a canvas...I thought that was a great sale...Anytime you can find art supplies on sale it's wonderful to purchase them when you need them..I think so anyway...

Lately I have been painting quite a bit...it's nice to paint when you are bored or not working on things or just whenever you are creative!

The paint I use works well for me on canvas and I like it very well...I also just buy all kinds of different brands of paints wherever I can find them..it doesn't matter what brand...

There are art sets that I have seen that include everything you need with them some are inexpensive and some are expensive just depends on what you are able to spend...but that's only if you want one ya know?...

The art sets include a palette, easel, paints, brushes and sometimes a color wheel for mixing instruction....that way you get everything you need in the set...some also include colored pencils and sketch paper..

Some of the art sets have easels with drawers that you can lock and shut closed with your brushes, color wheel, and your pencils kept in..you can carry that easel with you when you want to work with the painting somewhere else....some will store paints but others won't, so you will need to store your paints in the original box they were in when you purchased them....

sketch pads are something that I like because whenever you are wanting to paint something you can sketch it out first on the sketch pad with a pencil, then transfer that onto your canvas if you like how you have drawn it....

my favorite paint is acrylic paint..oils paints are way to messy to work with for me...so I always use acrylic paints...

I really enjoy art and painting..something I am fascinated with has to be colors of paints...or just colors in general.

love, julie

No comments:

Post a Comment