Friday, October 3, 2014

cooking at home....

One thing I like to do is cook meals at home...I like to find recipes and actually cook pretty much every meal at home...I think it's healthier and more comfortable than sitting in town waiting all day...haha. and also it's cleaner I think!

You can cook healthier at home and you can find recipes for your friends & family that are specially designed for the ailments like diabetes, wheat gluten intolerance or lactose intolerance...that way you can all sit at the dinner table like a family and enjoy mealtime together....cooking is fun when you can find all kinds of recipe books and pick and choose what you need from the grocery store and then prepare it together.

the thing I like most about cooking your own breakfast/dinners/suppers is that you can ask everyone what they like to eat and don't like to eat....and help out your local grocery stores...I just wish they had fresher produce nearby...it takes grocery items a while to travel on those food trucks I guess....things aren't that fresh by the time they get here to the grocery stores sometimes.

Families need to cook and sit at the dinner tables together more and have friends over all the time to enjoy dinner together...that's special I think!

picking healthy recipes that include more vegetables is something I like to do....some sugary desserts that I like to prepare I want to be able to make them diabetic friendly for family members that I love..so they won't feel left out when everyone else is able to have sugary desserts....Splenda is a good fake sugar to use I think...they have all kinds of fake sugars by Splenda for baking and cooking...when you are diabetic or have loved ones who are.

another thing that I like to do and look forward to every year is making holiday dinners for family and friends and the occasional stray...haha!.....Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays, they are special times for you to be with your loved ones....

groceries can be expensive! but they have cheaper brands in the stores that are basically the same thing but the labeling is different and they look and taste the same I think...I use these most the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment