Tuesday, May 19, 2015

surprise !...new potatoes from garden.....

got some new red potatoes!!!

Late yesterday evening I looked at the garden and I discovered that the rain had washed some new potatoes out of the ground...

so I got a spoon from the kitchen and I dug the potatoes out of the ground near the vines....my Grandma taught me that years ago....I have so many potato plants that I have grown and now I have a lot of new red potatoes...!

I took a bucket and I went out to the garden and it was cooler yesterday evening and I found so many potatoes I'm taking my Grandma some today..she didn't plant a garden this year because she hurts from old age....

you must always boil new potatoes before you prepare them until they are easily cut in half and done...then you can make new potatoes in gravy, you can roast them, grill them, you can prepare them with green beans too in a cooking pan....I like to add a very small amount of canola oil to them when prepared with green beans...yum!

something else is that you can also pan fry them after you boil them..and I like that with a little salt and ketchup....

new potatoes always remind me of summer and staying with my Grandparents...

I think it's fun to dig them with a spoon from the ground....like seek and find...haha!...I've always thought that was fun to work on....

I think I made a few potato bugs mad at me yesterday disturbing their day while I was looking for potatoes!!! haha..who cares?! I sure don't!.... 

a bunch of the potato bugs were flying around and one got in my hair and I took my hair down and he fell out...gross! I just don't like bugs that destroy gardens or are harmful and annoying!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment