Friday, June 26, 2015

National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum......

Sometimes, I like to watch a local show called " Discover Oklahoma" .. .they were on recently and were advertising for the " National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum" in Oklahoma City...

I haven't stopped by there in a really long time...I liked it when I went there before...

I looked at their website and I like all of their galleries and how all together it is...Looks very nice.

Things from our history like that should always be preserved.....there are also many Native American tribe museums here as well to keep their history and their stories alive...I would like to visit some of those as well..they can paint beautiful..

artifacts that have been well preserved and neatly displayed are so interesting when looking at them through a display case/glass....

the " National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum " keeps all of our cowboy culture and history alive today....they have many things to take part in there....

One thing that I like is how they have all different kinds of Art there...some of my favorite paintings are those cowboy paintings with the cloudy sky and then a scene underneath of cowboys or anything western...

the colors in those paintings are also a favorite as well....I read a book once with all that cowboy art on the pages and then a story behind the creation of the painting and about the painter of the pictures...I couldn't stop reading it.....some of the artists were just plain old cowboys themselves who could paint beautiful pictures like that...

I suppose you're moreso able to paint like that when you sleep underneath a beautiful sky and see it everyday.....my sky is beautiful but wow! I can't paint like them....

I like all of our cowboy/western history and the antiques/artifacts...and the stories behind them...

it's always a good thing to visit our museums and learn about history....I look at the artifacts and I think:" This was there when that happened."








No comments:

Post a Comment