Monday, June 1, 2015

my favorite--wild west books....

Looking through some books I have purchased in the last couple of years...I tend to like to find books that do not have flimsy covers....I like books that have many pages to read, great story lines that interest me, inform me, and educate me....they are great to place on your table top and read occasionally.

whatever book I purchase it's because it interests me on the back cover..i just read the back cover and if I like what I read I will get it!

Most of my favorite kinds of book I like to read and have purchased the most of, have to be anything cowboy or about our country's Wild West....because when you think about that, that is where all of us cowboys/cowgirls came from...it's comforting to me...it's home...

I like reading anything about the old sheriffs, settlers, native americans, outlaws, cowboys/cowgirls, horses, events...anything like that because that's pretty much family history right there!...haha...

When I can find those good history books like that, which are very beautifully written, respectful, with very clear old photographs--those I love to purchase and read...I like anything of the Wild West era and history like that..old photographs in the books are my favorites to look at...

biographies of those people in those old days, I like those as well.....you had to be tough to survive back then and I guess some things never change, because it's always been that way hasn't it?

I like to set in a chair and read when it is very quiet and look at the books...just something about having a book about true history is interesting to me....

I also like well written books about the state's history as well....

the Bible is another book I always like to read especially on sundays..I don't think you can ever stop reading the Bible...it's many pages and many things to follow, learn and obey.....very interesting to always read a few pages a week...

love, julie

No comments:

Post a Comment