Friday, November 20, 2015

cold weather prep, recipe books, christmas collectibles, hot chocolate time......

Checked the antifreeze in all the vehicles yesterday because of the freezing temperatures that are on the way....

I also purchased a home window winterizing kit for my bedroom window..It leaks cold air and I freeze in the winter and get hot in the summer!...That stupid window also allows dust from the outside to get into my room..No wonder I am so sick all the time..I don't think it is sealed off around the edges at all, so I have purchased some caulking and went around the edges, and then I purchase the window winterizing kit, you have to measure your window inside, cut the plastic and adhese it all around the window with tape that holds it..it shrinks with the hot hair blow dryer..that's what you use to shrink it to seal it.I call it cello wrapping my window!...haha...but it helps keep my window from leaking air so much....

Been looking at recipe books in the late evenings when I have time.We will be preparing Thanksgiving next week, and I like looking at all the different recipes there are in the recipe books I have..some are just handed down to me from my Grandma....other books I have just purchased at the stores, if it looks like it may be something I'd like to try cooking I will purchase it!...

Cooking is just fun for me, and I enjoy cooking meals for people that I love and care about....There are so many different types of recipe books---all kinds of foods and titles...they are categorized and I like that!...You can purchase them anywhere....I find a recipe I like and I go to the stores and find those food items I need to prepare the meal with and just follow instructions! Too many people just don't cook meals at home anymore...It's a tradition to prepare meals at home...but I know not everyone has the money and or time for that...

Considering that Christmas is soon after Thanksgiving I have been shopping some in the stores with money I have saved....The stores are stocked with all kinds of neato items that are Christmas...So many things! Here are some that I have purchased and I like, many are also collectibles....

on the food aisle I have got--

Rhodes Rolls---I forgot to blog about them the other day!..I like baking bread, but these are easier when in a hurry and they are good.frozen. bake in oven.

Sparkling Welch's Grape Juice---I always purchase a few bottles of this at holiday time..I always have....I like the bottle design, and the fizzy to the juice..nice with holiday dinners..i like all kinds.

PopCorn Tins---many different kinds of flavored popcorns(I like them all) in these cute Christmas tins..i like popcorn and they are good gifts for people who like snacks and popcorn.

Gift Basket sets/samplers---Meat and Cheese gift basket sampler sets---I like these every holiday, they also have gift basket sets of all kinds of different items..i like all of them as well...

Mixed Nuts in packages--I like all the different kinds of nuts..these are seasonal and we always purchase a package of the mix and we also purchase shelled pecans from the local stores...I have a small metal nutcracker that I shell the nuts with for snacks, or for making pecan pie with....

Gifting Fruit--My Grandma told me that when she was younger they gifted fruit baskets and boxes of fruit in place of toys..and I like that!..Many kinds of fruits are great gifts to others at the holidays..

Frosty the Snow Man---I purchased a few weeks ago, a pair of fleece Frosty the Snowman pajamas!...I have always liked the holiday cartoon and I finally have a pair of the pajamas...they are blue and I like them....

Yams--Sugary Sam, Princella, Bruce's Canned yams--my Grandma likes all these brands of canned yams for sweet potato casserole...purchased 2 cans.

Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows--I like the boxes of Hot Chocolate you can purchase and just mix up a packet in hot milk or hot water then add marshmallows...I have to have Hot chocolate this time of year in the cold weather!..I like all of these kinds of Hot chocolate---Abuelita, Swiss Miss, Nestle

Holiday Crafts---on the crafting aisles they have many different Christmas crafting projects you can work on, fairly inexpensive some of them, I got 1 of them, to make ornaments.

Coloring/Activity Packs---I like all the Christmas coloring books, activity work books that you can color and I know they are for kids..Haha!...But I like to work on those this time of year too!...lol...

The ones I have purchased are smaller/travel size---called Play Pack Grab & Go Christmas Activity packs--includes:Crayons, Stickers, coloring sheets, activity booklets....fun!

and I also found one called Carry Along Christmas Activity Pad---it has the same things included as well..But they are fun to work on anyway...lol...I found those at many stores..i think the company is Bendon...they are nice!

Holiday Word search---smaller book, all the word searches in the book are about Christmas---also by Bendon..

Ornaments---I enjoy looking at the ornament aisle in all stores and you can purchase many ornaments for your Christmas trees/projects at all the stores..i saw a lot of them for just $1 at the Dollar Stores...very cute and nice!..i found one and it will look nice on my Christmas mirror decorating that I work on.

Toys---in all stores you gotta look at the holiday toys they have for purchase on the toy aisles!..I always have to look at the toy aisle!!!...haha....

I like the Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Friends plush toys and items they have..so cute!..I like to collect those every year I can find them reasonably priced...I like all the characters...I purchased a small Rudolph plush toy yesterday...I also like his pal Bumble from the Claymation cartoons..oh, how I like those every year!

I like anything toy/plush with the Peanuts characters(Charlie Brown/Snoopy and friends) they're favorites! and I see that there are many toys/items that are Star Wars out there on the shelves in stores now....I like Star Wars and the items they have...I like Sci-Fi and all the Star Wars collectibles..there are so many out there....

Shopkins has many different items out also....I haven't got all the sets, but I like looking at them...

j.















No comments:

Post a Comment