Monday, November 16, 2015

purchasing for thanksgiving....

The weather has gotten cooler and rainy..supposed to thunderstorm today..No snow yet!..I want to create a snowman at least for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I have already been listening to holiday music..i purchased a fairly inexpensive Christmas cd for about$9 it is the older standards of Christmas music....I also have an Instrumental Christmas music cd I have had for years....I know it is depressing for some people at the holidays..but I go ahead and listen to it, to keep traditions going..I like singing along with all those old songs/music...

Since Thanksgiving is next week, we have already began to save money back for the meal with family...I will just have a few family members over for dinner...I went ahead and purchased food items and tabletop items at different stores....I can make a fresh pumpkin pie or pecan pie..OR I sometimes purchase a Ms.Field's pie and warm it...you can find these in the freezer section..

these are a few brands/food items I like at the holidays..you can always use off brand too.

Libby's Pumpkin pie mix---if creating pumpkin pie
OceanSpray cranberry sauce
Karo syrup---to make pecan pie if you are creating one.
Turkey--all brands
StoveTop stuffing mix or homemade..i use Shawnee Mills cornbread mix if homemade stuffing
Green Giant Broccoli--for casserole
Sweet potato/yams/or Bruce's canned yams---cooked for casserole
Ms.Field's Pumpkin or Pecan pies
any 2 cans of corn
any 2 cans of green beans--Green Giant or Del Monte
mashed potatoes--any brand of potato to mash
Diamond Pecans or locally shelled pecans

I like to use decorated paper plates, paper cups, plastic silverware and paper/plastic serving plates I saw many to choose from at several stores..i just purchased a few at the Dollar Stores and a plastic serving dish at the Dollar Tree..it was pretty! not so many dishes to wash for the holidays when using these paper/plastic items...just be very sure that your food is not scorching hot when placing on paper/plastic serving dishes!...lol.

I also purchased a paper tablecloth that is decorated to place over my table..It was just $2 and is very pretty as well...with Thanksgiving scenery on it...

I like to drink Cranberry juice or tea for the Thanksgiving meal....










No comments:

Post a Comment