Monday, September 12, 2016

it is state fair time !.......

 
I am going to be very busy this next week...I have to help plant/drill wheat seed for a few fields..It is a lot of work, and I hope that the wind doesn't blow too much, because of dust!....I spent yesterday sewing sequins onto my purse I am creating...I used silver and orange sequins!...they are so sparkly and the silver ones shine like rhinestones......very pretty....hope to be completed with the purse soon....but now I have to help in the field with planting wheat seed.....going to be TIRED.
 
I saw on tv where the State Fair is starting up soon, and I can only think about how much fun I have had at the State Fair in the past years...There are so many events to go see and look at/attend there at the State Fair.....it lasts a while....it does cost a fee there at the gates to attend the State Fair and it will take some money to purchase items...can be pricey! bands for your wrist that show you have paid at the gate...
 
I know that it always seems to be very HOT outdoors and sometimes it will rain at the State Fair when I have attended...parking can be a mess, so be aware of that!...it can be a headache itself!
 
I am NOT going to be able to attend the State Fair this year, but I know I will go another year maybe.....
 
Our school took us one time and we could drive with friends/family OR ride the school bus to the fair....it was fun and I have a lot of memories of those days.....I remember stepping up onto a thrill ride there at the fairgrounds and I was very nervous but excited to be on the ride..
 
One of my dear guy friends got into this cage part of the ride, and set beside me, and the door was latched shut by one of the men controlling the ride, boy, we didn't know what we were in for!!! the cage part was turning upside down when the ride started....LOL!...I looked at him and I said:"oh Sh*t!!!" it turned upside down and was spinning, and all of his coins fell out of his jean pockets and fell way down to the bottom of the machinery, I swear it was a half-mile below!...It was scary and he goes: "Oh God!".....

AND then it stopped because they were stopping it below to let others off of the ride, we got scared because we thought we were stuck upside down so unbelievably high in the air!!!....we were both feeling sick and regretted stepping onto this ride!!!...and he couldn't believe how his coins fell out of his pockets...it was awful!...many people lost items that way...we finally got down to the bottom of the ride when the ride controllers brought our "cage" back down for us to step off...I was very dizzy and I think he was too!....We both got sick and puked in the trash can!...I cannot ride those State Fair rides, that go way too quickly and spin or upside down.....oh the memories.....LOL!!!
 
so that was my experience with the State Fair rides!....I don't go on them, the Ferris Wheel is nice....but that is about it for me....haha!



they have many events at the State Fair:

Livestock showings
Exhibits
Music to watch/attend
Rides---LOL if you dare!
Games to win prizes
Crafts to purchase
Food court

The food court has many unique items to try and purchase there....lol..

they have the standards for State Fair.

IF you cannot attend the State Fair you can always purchase a few of those at local stores and enjoy them at home this time of year!

I like the Corn Dogs to prepare at home and I can prepare a small funnel cake at home..Mmm....fried bread!....

These brands of Corn Dogs are good to purchase at stores/take home to prepare, Follow instructions!

State Fair--brand on its own
Foster Farms--these are chicken...
Sonic---has them also

I enjoy the Funnel Cake, I like to create a small one this time of year sometimes.

1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
3 2/3 cup all purpose flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups Milk

1 quart of vegetable oil for frying
2 Tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar

  1. Mix salt, baking powder, and half the flour in a bowl. Set aside.
  2. Cream eggs, sugar, and milk in a large bowl. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth. Continue to add remaining flour, but use only enough to achieve desired consistency. Batter will be thin enough to run through a funnel.
  3. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) in an 8-inch skillet.
  4. Put your finger over the bottom opening of the funnel, and fill the funnel with a generous 1/2 cup of the batter. Hold the funnel close to the surface of the oil, and release the batter into the oil while making a circular motion. Fry until golden brown. Use tongs and wide spatula to turn the cake over carefully. Fry the second side one minute. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar.
 
IF you attend the State Fair you know you need to keep your children safe at all times!...and DO NOT take your pets to the State Fair.....ALWAYS be cautious at the State Fairs and make sure you go with friends/family and stay together, because a lot of evil can be there all near you....

j.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment