Friday, September 2, 2016

preparing for change of seasons ahead of time.......

I was so upset while driving in town yesterday, I was setting at the stop light and I saw a white Chihuahua mix dog running in the road and people were driving through quickly!!!.....I was so horrified I was afraid he would get ran over!....he made it across the road...oh, it is TERRIBLE to see someone's pet uncared for running through cars and across the highway.....I cried!....it makes me very upset, people aren't watching their pets or caring for them!....this is NOT how you take care of your loved ones!.....

Anyways, Washing my fabric for my purse this morning in cold water with a small amount of clothing soap...this should prevent fabric dyes in the fabric from running together or ruining it!....Still have to find adornments, beads, sparkles for it, I looked yesterday, nothing I really wanted to purchase yet. :(

I did find a new RestFul Sleep cd that is spa music.....it has 2 cds to listen to, when you cannot sleep well...relaxing....I enjoy those, they really help me.....these are also good to hear at businesses where you have to wait on an appointment for something or you are nervous about seeing a doctor or something!...nice to hear in all businesses...(just my opinion)


Something I have been thinking about is how bad one of the roads is becoming locally and I know that when I drive over it, it is terribly bumpy and it is just an old paved road, I think it needs re-paved. I know the county probably doesn't have money for the repairs...but oh well.....I take this road to go see my Grandma.....it is a mess on winter/icy days.....so I know it needs work!...

Sure there are other issues with other things the local counties could work on before Fall season even gets here, and that is trimming trees away from power lines/power poles...because during winter/fall icy weather or snowy weather these can break and lead to many power outages!!!.....

the county has sprayed many of those trees near the power lines/poles BUT I still see some too close to them, these will just break over and cause power outages in the snowy/icy weather for everyone.....a mess!

Mowing alongside the roads on the way to towns would be helpful also......it looks very shabby and needs cut down...it's an eyesore, and it's not just about that, it's about safety concerns when you cannot see this way or that way while stopped at a stop sign...dangerous!....can cause wrecks!..

I know they probably don't have enough money for this, but it is dangerous when things need repaired....I think about old dilapidated bridges that are hundreds of years old that need structure work or need repaired totally and I know that is very dangerous.....

The county workers have a lot to work on I know, and funding is probably not there for everyone, but it would be less stressful to drive on winter weather days, and less shabby!.....I think people need to work on these kinda things early before the problem arrives...clean it up so we don't have to worry later on....



winterizing your home early before the season arrives is good!

I know I am going to work on re-caulking the older windows on my home with a tube of caulking before it starts to become much colder, that helps with cold air filtering in the house!....

clean fireplaces and chimneys before winter, have heat and air systems checked/evaluated before winter....make sure they work properly....if you wish to...

I have a portable electric fireplace I place into my bedroom just as soon as the air becomes chilly, these are helpful, some may be pricey, but only look for them if you can afford them.....otherwise use blankets!

You may wish to enclose your porches with wood panels, nails, hammer, paint it maybe, but only work on this if you wish, and have extra money, it is just helpful and you can set out there in the winter and watch snowfall out the door or off the steps....this sometimes helps to keep the house warmer and when the door to the home is used so much it doesn't bring all that cold air into the house!....it is a good wind block, keep you from all the very cold wind blowing outdoors...Brr!

Clean the water run-off gutters on the sides of your home to free them of debris so they will drain properly and won't be full of ice or snow that can't drain, then ruin it...this is helpful....

there are other things to work on ahead of the change of seasons and that will start in a few weeks...

I also need to mow the lawn and use the edger near the house soon to get that all cleaned up! and any old vegetation shrubs, need cut down also near the house edges....

I like to prepare for things and work on issues BEFORE the problem arrives, that way I am already prepared.....

j.



No comments:

Post a Comment