Thursday, January 12, 2017

bacon.....

Going to have some bacon for breakfast this morning.....I always have to have something for breakfast before I start the day.....

I enjoy having breakfast with others, waking up early, and meeting others somewhere for coffee for the morning, or just staying home and preparing it there....

Bacon fried in the pan, then placed on folded paper towels, setting on a plate, then place more paper towels over the bacon and pressing it to remove grease is something I always make sure of!....

Bacon is good for many other preparations...it can cause cholesterol problems for your blood n heart, so I only have bacon every so often.....

BLT----bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich...mustard with mine!
Bacon crumbles---for baked potato, or on hamburgers
Bacon n eggs, with toast, or as side with waffles/pancakes good with maple syrup!

I enjoy the smoky flavor, wood smoked

Bacon brands I like:

John Morrell
Gusto
King Cotton
Hormel Black Label
Sam's Choice 
Shur-fine
Chuck wagon box bacon
Peyton's
Corn King
Ranch
Smithfield
Wright's

All good bacon brands...most affordable

Salt pork is also available, good for placing a piece in a cooker of pinto beans for seasoning.

j.




No comments:

Post a Comment