Friday, March 9, 2018

Chicken sales.....

Spring is almost here and that starts the chicken sales thru early fall !

I have attended chicken sales before and I enjoyed attending.......it was rather noisy, needed to be more so tidy, and I see many other animals for purchase at the chicken sales........these need to be checked for signs of abuse, and reported......

The chickens and other animals for purchase at these chicken sales need to be tested for illness, disease, and these all need to be reported very serious ! Health codes needed !

It's time to clean up the chicken sales also, just as the flea markets I talked of last week, all need to be evaluated, monitored, controlled, more so clean !!! Not just for attendees, but also for health of the birds, other animals........I think we need to end meat rabbits !!! Very upsetting this goes on !!! Rabbits / Bunnies ONLY as Pets !!!!

Health codes need to be at the chicken sales, better enclosures indoors, more clean, cooler, air conditioning, all animals for sale need to have shade, clean water !!!

The chicken sale one day, I attended was too hot, unhealthy animals, I cried about the nastiness, I enjoy attending the chicken sales, but that one was a filthy sad mess there ! Very upsetting !

Variety of chickens to choose from and purchase, eggs also for sale, plenty, many other birds available.......guinea birds also are for sale there often, pretty black and white birds, they chatter much ! Lol....

The sale lasts all day on weekends I think in most areas......

I enjoy chickens and finding eggs, that are new, clean, ready to refrigerate right from the chicken hutch !!! I think fresh eggs taste best for breakfast and cooking.....brightest yellow yolks are clean fresh eggs, wash + refrigerate as soon as you collect, check for eggs daily ! Must be cleaned health reasons !

Chicken scratch / feed in packages, best from feed supply stores, they also have chicken hutch plenty, egg incubator supplies, chickadee feeders, enclosures, they need medicines in feed, all need plenty of shade, water feed, clean coops daily !!! They poop a lot ! Haha !

Critters can eat your birds, so keep coop / hutch repaired, keep the birds all in wire enclosure of hutch / co-op at night, safe / protect !

Skunks, possum, owls, eagles, snakes, coyote / dog, Fox, dogs + cats outdoors who are pets and are mean can kill / eat your chickens + guinea birds ! So be watchful, monitor this !

Switch out birds once in a while roosters need to be changed so let friends / family with chickens borrow your roosters....I have heard this often......

I adore all the farm barn yard critters, because I am just a farm girl growing up all my life here !

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment