Friday, February 12, 2016

antique stores.....

I went to a new local small town Dollar General store yesterday...It was very clean and nice, the shelves were stocked and it had everything....Having dollar stores locally available in the small towns that are too far from cities are a relief to all the local small town people!...You don't have to travel 50 miles or more to purchase a box of tissues!....lol.

while driving through another local small town I noticed  a lot of old antique stores...I like antiques but I was given by my great grandparents many antiques that are from the pioneer days when everyone was trying to survive life here on the plains....I have many of those that I have been given....I even have old cooking utensils, flour sack dress, quilts, long skirt....old glassware, just many items like that....mine are mostly farming antiques, just the days of a lot of tough people and tough work....they just did whatever tough work they had to do back then and went on with life...

having these antiques from my own family members makes them that much more special to me, because that's my family!....I appreciate the antiques and anything any family member gifts me, you know, it's just special when your family leaves you something from their days of life....

I have been in antique stores before and they are always full of old items, I like to look in them sometimes on lazy days in small towns with my Grandma, seems as though there are always plenty of antiques stores to browse through....lol......I have attended estate sales before in towns and they always auction off many antiques there also....I like items with flowers on them when looking at the stores...I guess that people have always loved flower prints...I know that I enjoy them....there is also a lot of antique jewelry....I like that too. 

I don't need any local antiques or anything I was just looking in the windows yesterday at some of the items and thinking about all the old antiques I have from the old days and how much they mean to me because they are from my family.....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment