Tuesday, February 2, 2016

home health.....

Having elderly or homebound family members is often a challenge and when you are working or have other things in life to tend to all at once, you need extra help with these friends/family members care.....most of the week the help is needed..and appreciated!

I know that these people are not properly trained some of them and I think that when they are allowed to be in your home to help care for them, they should be trained to take vitals of your loved ones, they should be kind, respectful, trustworthy, clean, and not pilfer or rummage through the home looking for items to steal, expect meals to be prepared for them, , they should not run their mouths off about things, and carry gossip from home to home.....this goes on with many of the nasty women working home health....it is just disgusting the way some of them behave and disrespectful.....I wish they could get these workers like that fired, it is atrocious the way these nasty women behave....it upsets me and makes me very nervous to have these kind of people caring for my family members....

I know that there are very nice respectful good hardworking home health workers that really do care and get their work completed and go on to the next home....I support the home health companies and the good workers....BUT I cannot support or encourage the nasty workers that do not work or behave as they should when working for a company....the companies need to be monitored/evaluated as well...

I also think taking vitals should be a requirement for home health workers and keeping records of the vitals...some of the workers, I know will take vitals and I appreciate that when that is available, it gives you some relief to know that they can take vitals weekly, and travel to your home for this at certain times/days of the week...

I also know that the good trustworthy home health workers need to be paid enough to live on, and they go to several homes a day traveling the areas close to their company home base....It is a good industry for many people the elderly, the home bound, paraplegics, people with special needs/care and it would be a good industry to help people at the same time create jobs for those who wish to work in home health care....we just need to have good hardworking, respectful workers working these home health jobs, NOT nasty, trashy, mouthy, thieving women like we have experienced!....

It is very stressful and upsetting for me these days trying to care for loved ones and worry about the home health people who are allowed into their home to supposedly "care" for them.....just very stressful with these nasty people....they are too mouthy, nosy, gossipy, and trashy some of them....

I respect all home health workers and I know these days are tough for everyone, BUT I just wish that these companies would hire good hardworking people who will at least show some care and get their work completed without all the nonsense!

they should be knowledgeable about handicap home improvements and at least tell the patients and family members about what they can work on to improve home life for their family members, instead of saying purchase this, purchase that, and I don't know call someone to make this work like I say!.....I try all the time to think of ways to improve home living for my family members and it is stressful when they have so many things out there that they need at the Medical Supply stores and I don't know how it goes or what I need to do to get it placed right into/onto the home..

I think something good would be to have Medical Supply companies or Home Health companies have good workers who can install these medical products into the home for you from the Medical Supply store, it would save people like me a lot of extra time and get rid of stress trying to find a good reputable medical supply installer or carpenter for expanding rooms for wheelchairs, building ramps, or other items from the supply store!...lol...

One medical supply product I wish would be more readily available everywhere are those Walk-In bathtubs, you just open the door to it, have a seat and turn on the bathtub!...it looks nice and much more comfortable for the elderly and others.....it reduces the risk of falls for them....

just a lot of stress and worries as usual with everything, I know everybody has these days! good trustworthy people with the know how and care to make these times much easier and not so much of a challenge to find the right home health care items and the right people to help is needed all over this area of the state!

just tired and stressed---this too shall pass.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment