Monday, February 8, 2016

the month of february....

The dogs that are living to the north of where I am are roaming and they must be hungry, I cry about them!...They have been chasing baby calves, oh no!....I just don't know why people can't take proper care of their pets!... :(

I was able to make beans and southwest cornbread yesterday....I like Casserole brand of pinto beans, they are much cleaner when you wash them in water in a pan...I always wash them, then strain the dirty water out of them, and then I soak them in clean water half a day, then pour them into a crock pot, I add jalapenos or whatever I want!.....cook several hours.

sometimes I prepare homemade buttermilk corn bread my Grandma's recipe, or I use a good mix that is an older brand I like called Jiffy Mix, or Shawnee Mills cornbread mix.....easy to prepare!...

My southwest cornbread I like to use cream style corn, green chiles, or a diced jalapeno, a pad of butter or margarine with cheddar sprinkled in...it's really good all mixed together and baked in a clear baking dish then you have a bowl of beans with that...cowboy dinner!....lol...

I see that there are many Valentine's Day items to purchase at all the stores...they're so cute and sweet!...Balloons, plush animals, candies/chocolates, jewelry, figurines, fresh flowers, Valentine cards for kids and adults.....or take your loved one to dinner, or prepare a dinner for them....

I even saw that Pizza Hut and several others are going to offer a Heart shaped pizza from the 9th to the 14th for Valentines Day I think it costs $12/pizza...I like that, I think that is cute and whimsical!....all businesses should make things like this more often...have fun ya know!

The colors of Valentines Day are all so very pretty and the items there are to purchase are cute! I saw a small boy at a store yesterday purchasing a Valentine for his girlfriend...haha!...it was funny and sweet at the same time...aww!....

I like to think about Valentines Day as being the day of love and telling your loved ones how much you love and care about them, by gifting them something sweet and kind!...Valentines can be given to anyone you love, it can be platonic love you have for family and friends, OR it can be romantic love that you have for Boyfriends/Girlfriends/Wife/Husband......romantic gifts are very different!...haha!....

always give your romantic love a kiss on Valentines Day, purchase them a Valentine gift, and tell them how much you love/care about them, spend the day with them if you possibly can!   aww!.....

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment