Wednesday, May 25, 2016

sunscreen, skin cancer awareness, cover up!....

During the Summer months, everyone enjoys going to go for a swim at the beach, pool, lake, maybe boating, fishing, camping, water skiing, wave running....many outdoor activities, many hours/days underneath the sun's rays....having your skin exposed to the sun's rays for many minutes/hours/all day long is never good....even while mowing on the lawnmower you need to wear a protective thin long-sleeve shirt, thin pants, shoes, and a hat/cap that will shade your face...also apply sunscreen on your face!...it is difficult to stay cool while on the lawn mower outdoors BUT we have to take necessary precautions....

SUNGLASSES
Protect your eyes from the sun while outdoors, my eyes often hurt terribly when the sun hits them, sometimes it is very harsh on our eyes to be exposed to sun light and NEVER stare up at the sun like an idiot!...it will damage your eyes....I always wear a pair of sunglasses for about $10 or even less if I can find them, most stores have them, even the convenience stores....so purchase a pair if you wish! wear outdoors always...

I know that the sun is GOOD...but I also know that everyone needs to be aware that we need to take precautions when we know we are going to be spending a lot of hours underneath the sun's rays....

SUNSCREEN
I always like to apply plenty of sunscreen on my exposed skin when I am outdoors...I like to use a waterproof sunscreen while I swim...on my face, neck, arms and legs, ears....

COVER UP MORE OUTDOORS
I know that whenever women swim they sometimes like to swim in a swim suit, bikini, without any coverage, because you wish to while swimming, BUT I also know that wearing your bathing suit/swim wear showing off your body is not something we need to be taking part in outdoors, all that summer fashion crap about wear your swim suit, expose your skin everywhere, is NOT good because of skin cancer and because women do not need to be showing all of their body off, letting it all show!...lol!

I know in many areas of the world that it is VERY HOT all the time and I know those people need to keep cool and sometimes wearing protective clothing is difficult, but we need to go ahead and be aware of skin cancer, and wear sunscreen.....

 I can remember once many years ago, I went to a swimming area that had a tall water slide and a few friends invited me to go swim with them there one hot summer day, One of them had on a bikini top and she went down the slide and when she got to the bottom of the slide her bikini top fell off and one of her boobs was exposed!!!....Haha!!!...The man that was the lifeguard there, laughed and whistled: "Cover 'em up!".....she was very embarrassed and we thought that was so funny!! I always laugh about that...so that is why I do not like bikini tops or very low bathing suits....lol....that would be embarrassing to happen...

I just wear a t-shirt and swim trunks over my bathing suit...I always have...it helps prevent skin cancer and skin burns from the harmful sun rays....I apply the sunscreen on my face, ears, neck, arms and legs....

Many farmers need to also wear sunscreen I know of so many farmers who have come down with skin cancer and didn't even know it!...so wear sunscreen farmers! I know when you are out plowing in a field you don't want to have greasy/dirt covered skin, but they gotta do something to protect from the sun when they are working in the fields often and for many hours....anyone who works outdoors needs to wear a sunscreen..

I enjoy the smell of sunscreen for some reason whenever I smell it, I start to remember going to the swimming pool as a child...and I can remember all the past summers going swimming....weird, but I suppose the smell of sunscreen triggers memories....coconutty/shea butter--smell...I like the smell of sunscreen/sun tan lotion..

SUN TAN LOTION
There are many different types of summer sun tan lotions/oils/skin bronzers, sun tanning items/brands that help your skin to become more tan in the sun and those are nice...I have used those items before...I like a nice tan...I tan very well without sun tanning items, but I have used them before..

fair skinned/light complexion people NEED to wear sunscreen and prevent skin burns, happens easily!

SPF
I always look for a sunscreen that has a good SPF and that will help to block out a lot of bad sun rays from your skin, protect you from skin cancer....

SKIN CANCER
Any color of skin can be exposed to the sun's harsh rays and have skin cancers...there is a lot of information online and elsewhere about what to look for on your skin that could be cancerous and dark nasty moles or spots on your skin...WE need to always be aware of that....IF you see something that looks suspicious or weird on your skin we need to ask a Doctor about it...Skin cancer will grow and it can spread down underneath your skin...it seems like that couldn't happen quickly but it does happen rapidly and spreads.....so always look and be aware of your skin's conditions....

BRANDS OF SUNSCREEN/SUN TAN LOTION I ENJOY:
Hawaiian Tropic
Australian Gold
Copper Tone
Banana Boat
Equate
Bull Frog
Neutrogena

many other off brands work just as good,!...check the number of the SPF and that will tell you how well the brand will cover you from the sun's rays....

ALL skin colors are beautiful and no skin color is better than another skin color, we need to always take proper care of our skin while out in the sun for many hours and be aware of skin cancer and how to prevent it...

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment