Wednesday, January 20, 2016

aloe vera.....

I have a aloe vera plant that I have taken good care of and it has grown very well since last year..it is grown from my Grandma's old aloe vera plant she has had for years placed in the window....When I was a child, everytime I got sunburned she would take a piece of the aloe vera plant and break it in her hands, and place the liquid from the plant onto my sunburn....and it helped cool and heal the sunburn naturally....

so last year she gave me a few pieces of her aloe vera plant and cleaned the plant free of dried pieces and gave me a good green rooted piece of the plant and she said to plant it at home in a planter and it would grow easily....and it did grow!....

I like many products with aloe vera in them for my skin, hand/body/face lotions, hand soaps, and I like to take the liquid from my own aloe vera plant and use it for my skin if I am sunburned or windburned....I know that they have available aloe vera gel in containers for sunburns and those are nice as well.......

Also there is an aloe vera juice drink I have seen, but I have not ever tried that, I don't know what that is for...

I think the aloe vera plant is a pretty plant...and a very cooling plant when you are burned by the sun, wind, or by a minor oven/stove burn....I like natural healing with aloe vera for the skin...

I don't know where to purchase the plant at, maybe a local plant nursery, or store that has plants/flowers for purchase in the spring?....I have my own that is at home for me just incase I get a minor burn..... 

you can leave the plant in it's container with some soil and place it in the window..i water it as well a small amount....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment