Saturday, January 16, 2016

arbuckle fried pies.....

A little snow fell early today..checked on cows in pasture and fed them some cubes and hay...There are 2 new babies to add to the other 3 already born...They are always born on snowy or wintry weather days....

they have them in the trees away from the snow/wind/rain....they're cute!...One baby calf that is a week old can run and zip across the pasture infront of the truck, so I am always very cautious about those baby calves!...I think I am going to name him Zippy because he zips across there running...sometimes I think maybe he is trying to race the truck!...LOL!...

My grandma had purchased some Arbuckle Fried Pies the other day while in town, I tried one, it was cherry, it was pretty good...I just think they could improve them some...I like that they have been creating their fried pies for many years!...

I make my own fried pies out of canned buttery biscuit dough, or phyllo dough, and canned fruit filling is all...I drizzle them with a little bit of powdered sugar glaze after they are done...mine are ok I guess!...LOL.

but anyway, I like Arbuckle Fried Pies they're alright....my Grandma purchased 3 the other day and I tried one today....I like those kind of pastries on wintry days...

they should try and market those all over the state and elsewhere, so everyone can try a fried pie.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment