Sunday, August 14, 2016

it's bananas......

I like to create dinner for sunday after church...just an old tradition in my family to have a meal at home or go to town and have dinner after church, whichever you choose......

In the south, people like to have meals with family after church on sunday.....so I suppose that is why my Grandparents have always kept that going because that has been traditional for their families many generations.....

I think family/friends should enjoy more dinners together...it is good to spend time with them......you can cook dinner or go to town and have a noon meal in town.....spend more time together! Sundays after church at noon, is a good time for this.....

I like bananas, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like banana pudding.....lol!!!

it's all calories, calories, fattening, *eyeroll* but who cares!...I don't.....you can create low-fat if you like.

This is just for fun------my Grandma's recipe

Banana Pudding

Tub of Cool whip or whipped Topping
1 small carton of sour cream
1 can of Eagle Brand Milk
1 package of instant vanilla pudding
2 cups of milk
1 tsp  vanilla
as many bananas as you like
Vanilla wafer cookies

Beat together all ingredients in mixing bowl. NO bananas or vanilla wafers in the mix. Chunk up bananas in medium chunks. First, layer larger bowl with vanilla wafers in the bottom of bowl. Then layer of your mixture, Then banana chunks....repeat layering......

I like to let this set a few hours in the refrigerator so the wafers will be much softer after I create it.....then enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment