Tuesday, August 30, 2016

preparing meals at home.....

I made Blueberry Muffins last night...I finally have been able to turn the oven on, it is starting to be a little cooler outdoors, and I like to prepare meals and start baking more....

I purchased Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry Muffin mix...they are good! simple to prepare.

They also have other blueberry muffin mixes in the brands Duncan Heinz, and Krusteaz...

Blueberry pancakes are a favorite of mine with blueberry syrup and some whipped topping ontop....Krusteaz has a Blueberry Pancake mix available also.....haven't tried that yet..

I enjoy purchasing groceries and preparing meals at home during the fall/winter season more often than during summer.....Recipe books are nice to have nearby when looking for meals ideas to prepare at home....I have plenty of those!....I like to look through them and attempt all the challenging recipes my Grandma and Aunts prepared for many years..!...LOL...I don't know if I will ever be as good as they have all been at cooking meals...but I enjoy trying to challenge myself with cooking and baking!.....

Purchasing any cooking or baking mix/box/package is always fun to work on during fall/winter for cooking with friends/family....these are often simple you just add in a few ingredients, some may be challenging when they have to be prepared a certain way.....I enjoy these.....

Going to the grocery store and purchasing groceries at any store and looking for off brands or items on sale is good while on a budget and I know many people have many friends/family and you can often purchase items on sale and affordable off brands for cooking.....Off brands work just as well....

I still enjoy restaurants during fall/winter but I like to cook more at home during this time, it feels comfortable and the house smells like baked bread, or blueberry muffins like mine did last night in the kitchen.....this just adds to the fun of fall/winter season I think....

inviting friends/family over for cooking or baking is fun often, you can all throw money in and purchase items together for meals, prepare the meal together, shopping at the grocery store together is fun also.....

too many times people are too busy, in a hurry and don't have time to prepare meals at home....or maybe don' t want to cook meals at home....it's old-fashioned I know to bake or cook at home they always say, but I think it is good for people to prepare meals more often at home...

skillet meals are easy to prepare and I enjoy those, they have sauces/vegetables and you just purchase the meats to add to them.....they are in a package....simple to create....

crock pot meals are easy you just cook them according to instructions or you can make a simple pot roast......

microwave meals are cheating!!!......haha!.....you have to work on cooking/baking, read recipes and challenge yourself!

liquid measuring cups are needed...don't mess up and measure liquids in dry measuring cups!....lol...

Have fun cooking meals or preparing from the mixes, boxes, packages!...you have to always pay attention while baking or cooking...things can burn or ruin quickly if you don't pay attention....

I enjoy challenging myself or trying new food items...sure I find those I don't really like, but I try to choose something that seems like I would like it, not everyone enjoys the same thing, so ask your family/friends if it sounds good to them for a meal first.....

whenever you prepare meals at home and enjoy them, you feel better I think....you can be healthy or whatever you want to create for a meal....

many people have health issues and you may need to cook healthy and learn how to cook healthier, I have been on diets and cooked healthier, I even have been vegetarian for sometime, but I only became ill from it, so I can't attempt that one anymore...I felt icky!...I almost passed out one day!!!..it made me very sick....just exercise and cook right if you are worried about your health issues, diet when you want....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment