Monday, August 8, 2016

milk and dairy......

Dairy items are always in the stores, and I enjoy them.

I have always liked milk and the other dairy items, it is good for your tummy, makes your bones stronger, and good for your teeth.....Many people I know do not like dairy items and some may be lactose intolerant I have heard that many times....

My grandparents had a dairy when I was younger and they always purchased the AMPI butter and cheese from that company....it is good, a little pricey but it was a block of cheese and/or butter...

Milk is something that I drink almost every day or I enjoy a dairy item everyday, I have tummy ulcers often and issues so the doctor said to enjoy more milk....it has helped me! if you have tummy problems and you have no antacids drink a cup of milk and it will help you some.....

I like to always cook with dairy items there are so many:

Milk
Malted Milk
Whipping cream
Half and Half
Cottage Cheese
Evaporated Milk--Carnation, Coburn Farms, Milnot brands
Sour Cream
Butter
Cream Cheese
Yogurt
Ice Cream
Whey, Milk Powder
Buttermilk
Cheeses/Cheese Sticks
Sweetened Condensed Milk--Eagle Brand, Carnation, La Lechera brands......
Milk Chocolate



I enjoy cooking with all of them, many recipes call for a lot of these.

Brands I enjoy are:

Hiland
Braum's
Borden
Plains
Best Choice
Coburn Farms
Daisy
Equate
Western Family
any other off brand.

I often enjoy chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla milk flavorings that you can add to a glass of milk.

Nesquick
Hershey's
Got Milk? Flavor straws
TruMoo
Braum's has chocolate milk

some of these may be powdered or syrups....I like both...FOLLOW instructions on labels!

I know that Oklahoma has dairys, but I know that California and Wisconsin are dairy states as well..

They have many dairy items for purchase there, here in Oklahoma we just have the Watonga Cheese Festival....Oklahoma-shaped cheeses....lol....

I enjoy cheese.
Mozzarella
Cheddar
Sharp Cheddar
Longhorn Colby Cheese
Gouda
Feta
Swiss
Provolone
American
Colby Jack

Many people cannot ingest milk as I mentioned above, and may not like milk, there are the "false" milks I have tried them:

Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
Silk Almond
Coconut Milk
They also have Cashew milk I have not tried that one yet! I enjoy cashews.

3 milk cake is good to create with milks!..Good!

Many other recipes for fall season cooking I like to prepare with many dairy items...soon I will start cooking more.

j.







 







No comments:

Post a Comment