Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sewing.....

They said Good bye Summer, last night on the local news, it was cooler yesterday, I love it !

Every autumn season, I start sewing + crafting more so, because it seems life becomes slower / calmer, or maybe I calm down for some reason....

Sewing is a fave hobby, leisure activity of mine, sometimes I have very creative ideas and I cannot find a clothing item, accessories I want in certain fabrics, colors, prints, designs, styles, so I create them from my mind, and sew it.....it calms me to sew, ends stress, until my pattern slips or moves or the bobbin messes up in the sewing machine !......haha......but sewing is fun to me, achieves something......lol

I love hand sewn clothing, items, very unique, special to you when time, care, are involved.....not from store clothing racks.....

I enjoy looking through the fabrics in stores, every print, color, design is unique......Many, many, beautiful fabrics, seasonal, flower prints, colors, types of fabrics.......I love the local Wal-Mart fabric aisles + craft store aisles.....fun !

Thread is available in any color you could look for, I purchase a few to add to the sewing notion box.....patterns you purchase at Wal-Mart mostly more so affordable.......also at craft stores, but pricey....

I know that it takes a good sewing machine to sew, and those are at Wal-Mart also, craft stores, all prices, threading the machine and winding the bobbins must be done first.....

Practice makes perfect, so practice often, don't give up.....Sewing is good.

Patterns are in all sizes, styles, so read label / packaging first.....see what one works best for you......

Small sewing items are best to start with, when you are new to sewing.....

Sewing notions are many, Wal-Mart, most affordable......hobby lobby has many.....

Small starter sewing kits are very affordable....

Right now I am sewing an item......very fun.

Sewing with sequins is also something I enjoy the sparkles !......these are very affordable.....all color hues.....beads, trims, all styles, types, nice.

Sewing to make repairs to clothing when torn is something we all need to know how to tend to.....how often while working outdoors do we tear our clothing on machinery, or maybe our jeans wear......repair, with sewing....

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment