Tuesday, June 10, 2014

just a country girl...never a city girl....

The rain was really nice!!!...it's rained for several days now...I'm really happy it did...I seem to get kinda stressed out when it gets really hot and dry outside and I think it affects how you feel and I know that it affects your body because when the weather is too hot or too cold it makes all your bones hurt all over...it does mine anyway....old injuries like my ribs and my hip and my collarbone that I broke in 2nd grade.....I thought I was an acrobat in 2nd grade ...I just laugh about that one!...lol....and I broke my collarbone....that was quite painful as has been all my stupid broke bones....Haha!!!...lots of Advil and I drink milk with that Advil because it doesn't make me sick at my stomach that way.....

yes, I'm a nerd and that's how I am..Advil is better for pain than Tylenol when it's arthritis like...but Tylenol is safer...I also heard once that Tylenol will help you calm down and kinda relax you in a way...they told that on the news....I think it's the safest for your stomach...but it's not as good for my aches..

it's nice to see the ponds full of water and that we finally had flash floods!!!....joking..i know floods are bad but I just couldn't believe we finally had that much water.some people down in texas still have drought real bad and I can't believe how long that has went on...so hopefully they got some water there.

Stormy (baby calf) is doing ok...she's eating lots of green grass in the corral....and she has 2 buckets of water in there with her everyday...so she drinks lots of water now...thank goodness no more powder milk and no more having to stir that up every morning in a bottle for her....she started running like crazy and bucking around when she got turned out of her little paneled section there in the corral...I still feed her 5 scoops of that creep feed small pellets for everyday...I guess I could feed her sweet feed but I don't know yet it's a couple of more dollars like $11 a bag so that's not too bad....

I need to get a new trailer for my cows and stuff...that one trailer the floor isn't good in it and whenever cow sales come up it's not safe to be driving with a bad trailer...and the barn is leaking again it needs totally redone or something...I could getup there and try to work on it in the hay loft but it's rather dangerous in there now because the leaky roof has warped the boards woodwork and it's dangerous.... 

I'm wondering about hay bales because I would like to get a lot of hay stocked up in a good barn...I think alfalfa hay is the best...cows like it better than anything...I need to plant some sometime...I can run a tractor as good as anybody...I need one with a good radio or mp3 player or something in it...I think how cool it must be to work the fields all nite my uncle L. and my cousin does..they work on the tractor all nite til 3am sometimes getting wheat done....it was 3 am one morning i watched them and I thought that would be so cool to work all nite like that driving the tractor...with the moon and stars shining...and lights on the tractor so you can see....I think that's why they love it and I do too!....I just haven't got to do any tractor work like that in the field at nite and I would love to do that...and get work done as long as I had a good radio in it.

I know some people don't like farming and agriculture but it's interesting to me and something I have always liked because both sets of my grandparents have been farmers and cattlemen and I love that..that's home to me and I like it because I think I must have been born a farmer/cowgirl person because that is who I am....I like it because that's what I am supposed to do...and I have a lot of other creative things I would love to do that are beautiful and things I could create...because I need to have a creative outlet or decorate..i do not know why but that is what I am all about.....I'm a mixture of a lot of things and things that are one way and total opposite the other....I like to think that I am just a lot like my grandpa and I know I am....

and another thing about that is he gets anxious about things and worries like I do and I know I do that because of stress and because he's a lot like me....lol...this grandpa doesn't have dementia and he is 93 and he makes me laugh but I also see that I am almost exactly like that guy....I think the reason he has always done the agriculture cattle business thing is because he always has loved it and probably because like me he knows that it isn't a stressful hurry hurry occupation...it IS a lot of work and time to put into to keep it all running and I know that it is...but it is something that is comforting to me to see a blue sky and a big field not buildings and too many people...I think that would probably kill me if I had to live somewhere like that forever..so I will always have to be a country girl never a town girl or a city girl...drives me crazy.

I need quiet time and I need peace in my life not stress worry and anxieties......

j.


No comments:

Post a Comment