Tuesday, September 8, 2015

astronomy, telescopes, star gazing.....

I have been very busy hauling round bales with the Dew-eze...the bale wagon is broken.You start working earlier in the morning to avoid the hot temperatures so you won't get too hot!....but it doesn't take long before the weather is so hot you have to just stop working for the day and go back home.....Trying to get the hay moved closer to the other pasture so it will be available and we won't have to drive too far on cold rainy, wintry or icy days to feed cows......I am tired of hot weather!..*sad face* I wish it was rainy, cooler and it was the Fall season....

I saw an ad in a local paper for an Astronomy group advertising something they are calling an Astronomy star gazing party for people to travel to a location in the state to bring telescopes, camp, and look at the night sky with other Astronomy enthusiasts....

I have always liked looking at the night sky and I have always wanted a telescope....they are in all different types and prices...or you could just look up at the sky and see them...just not as close-up as you could with a telescope....

The night sky is beautiful and I can see all kinds of stars, constellations, nebulas, and I know that for centuries many people have studied the night sky and learned from studying the stars/constellations....

The Milky Way is a group of stars that is very visible from the sky near my home...I have always liked to look at it....very beautiful!...I like the twinkling of the stars from the night sky...they are so pretty....

I think that God likes to see them twinkle....because he made so many of them....

it depends on your location just how many clusters of stars you can see..you need to be somewhere away from the lights in towns/cities to view the night sky properly...

I have always liked the study of Astronomy and I have liked looking at the night sky when I can't sleep some nights...The moon is something I like to see at night and it is viewed differently at different times of the year.....very pretty!

other planets are in the sky far away from Earth and people study them all the time.....they twinkle too...some are colored.....

star gazing is something you can experience with friends and family...it is nice to study and look at the night sky when the night is calm and there are not too many clouds and no storms in the sky...

j.



No comments:

Post a Comment