Monday, September 14, 2015

fresh, frozen, canned vegetables.....

Vegetables are some of my favorite items to have for meals whenever I am cooking at home....I always want to include them in every meal I prepare....I purchase at the stores vegetables frozen in packages in the freezer section....You can keep those frozen and they won't spoil in your freezer at home...I just purchase a few small packages of vegetables frozen and use them when I need them.....

I also purchase fresh vegetables to include in meals and I prepare them...you just have to make sure they don't spoil and prepare them soon after you purchase them...I keep them in the refrigerator....

Canned vegetables are something that I like to purchase a few of each vegetable, so I will have plenty to cook with...I keep them in the pantry cabinet and when I have many different vegetables in cans I will always know I have many different choices there at home and I won't have to drive to town to all the time and waste fuel....purchase several cans of each one you choose....

vegetables are available in all different forms to purchase....and I like to always include them in the meals I prepare, because they are very healthy for you.....I really like green beans.

some of my favorite brands of vegetables are:

Green Giant
Birds eye
Del Monte

and the brands that are marketed by chain stores are good too....any brand of vegetable that you can find works just as well.....and when they are affordable that is great!

everytime you create a meal at home you should see something green on your plate......fresh salads with a dressing and other vegetables are something I like to try to have with meals usually....

ALWAYS wash and rinse your vegetables that are fresh in packages(not frozen ones) and always wash and rinse your fresh vegetables from farmers markets and from the fresh aisle in the stores before you prepare them....to make sure they are clean for you and your loved ones.

I like to also prepare fresh mushrooms, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red/green bell peppers with ranch dressing....I leave them uncooked, wash them, section the broccoli, bell pepper, and cauliflower then I dip them in ranch dressing and I also dip the mushrooms, baby carrots...always wash them before you prepare them for meals uncooked.

uncooked vegetables are sometimes placed onto trays with ranch dressing---vegetable trays that are available for purchase at stores or you can create at home for parties/celebrations are very healthy for people to have in place of unhealthy choices in food....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment