Friday, September 18, 2015

state fair....

Every time the fall season is upon us I know that the Oklahoma State Fair is on the way.

I have been to the state fair several times in the past few years..i have to travel to get there....I always enjoy walking through the fair and purchasing a few momentos from the day at the fair....

They have many different ways to have fun at the state fair...I think that most states have their own state fair, so I'm sure it is always nice for people to go out and see the fair and have a nice day there with their friends and family....

they have---

Agriculture related events
Arts and crafts
games to play for prizes
rides that make you sick...lol
exhibits that are interesting
educational events
all kinds of foods and those awful fried foods when they fry just anything and try to sell it...fried soda, fried butter?...gross!.....
homemade items that you can wear or just items to purchase and take home to your kitchen are also available.
there are contests for the best homemade items and people can place their baked goods in the contests and they have people to give away ribbons for the best baked items....

just many things to go see and supporting the state fairs are good ways to support the state you live in...I like the agricultural related events the most and how a state fair is old fashioned and traditional....the exhibits are some of my favorites and I always try to purchase an inexpensive momento to take home or I try to win a plush animal at one of the games there to take home!....that's always fun...

there is always admission to the state fair and I don't know how much it is now...and parking was always interesting....many places to park your vehicle to get to the gates....

hours are different for different places of the state fair...I remember that the games and rides were different hours....many things may be different like that....I just know it's very crowded and I always go with someone I know and we walk together at all times so we will be safe...you have to be safe in the crowds at the state fair!....

the weather is sometimes very hot---the crowds always make that much worse and there's plenty of room to walk there, but as many crowds that go to the state fair it makes it difficult to walk....just very crowded and if the weather is cooler on some days of the state fair it is better for me.....

everytime that I have went to the state fair it has rained and thunderstormed....

the state fair lasts a few weeks.....but I'm not going this year...again...I just saw the advertisements on the tv and newspapers....I think going to the state fair is a great way to support your state's events...









No comments:

Post a Comment