Wednesday, September 16, 2015

greeting cards....

Text messages can get very boring and I like the old fashioned greeting that is by sending or giving people greeting cards to let them know how you feel about them....

greeting cards are sometimes colorful, whimsical, themed, and cheerful.....When we go through all kinds of days/emotions in life, greeting cards are good ways to let others know you care about them....and that is better than a text message on a phone that you cannot look at and hold in your hands from someone else and place on your table.....

I like greeting cards and I like them to be funny, serious (in upsetting times), cheerful, caring and good...Some have cartoon like characters on them with animals and I think those are cute!....Funny greeting cards make me giggle and laugh when I am feeling, sad, or upset or going through upsetting stressful times.....

I also like beautiful illustrations on cards, or just very good writing that says exactly how you would wish to tell someone something in a greeting card...I like all printing styles in cards that have printed messages and old lettering as well....but they are all nice....the more vintage and old fashioned something looks I like it!....

cards are available most places in most stores...they are all prices and all sizes....I like to purchase them to send at all occasions/celebrations/holidays for loved ones just to say I care or say hello!....Envelopes are all colors and when they are purchased with the card you have that color for that card...

when sending them by mail to someone I like to decorate with stickers on the outsides of envelopes or on the back...just a few stickers to make the card more cheerful....

Hallmark and American Greetings cards are a few of my favorite card companies...When I was younger, Hallmark and American Greetings had many seasonal items available back then you could purchase as a set, they would have plush toy animals, figurines, stickers, books..i really enjoyed seeing those in the stores and I was anticipating the holiday that was on the way!....they were all prices...I had a few stickers from those companies to place on cards I sent or gave to loved ones.....

some cards have messages in them and some are blank---so you can write your own messages in the blank ones and ramble on all over in the card with your writing....haha!

I like how cards are in category:

Birthdays
Holidays/Celebrations
Babies/Children
Family
Weddings/Romance/Relationship
Anniversary
Hello
Miss You
Sympathy
Get Well
Thank You

cards are a great way to send messages, tell someone how you feel, let them know you care, show appreciation and say thank you, or offer condolences, or to celebrate....many different ranges of emotions/feelings can be conveyed with greeting cards that you just cannot achieve with a silly, boring, old text message....

greeting cards are an old fashioned way to be more cheerful and friendly in this world, and we need to bring more of that into our lives and our loved ones lives to show them we care....

all people need to show they love/care more often when they can! and greeting cards are a good place to start.

j.











No comments:

Post a Comment