Saturday, December 19, 2015

gift wrapping, another candy recipe...lol..

Purchased gift wrap yesterday, I just purchased a medium sized roll....I like wrapping paper it is all colorful, shiny, sparkles some of it, different patterns, pictures and characters...I saw The Minions movie character wrapping paper yesterday---they're yellow/bright and cute!...

I also purchased clear tape, a package of bows(all sizes/colors), shirt boxes to wrap, gift sacks, tissue paper, name tags that you adhese to the gifts after wrapping them, candy boxes that are printed...

always be careful when your pets are near your wrapped gifts because they like to chew up and ingest the bows, wrapping, boxes, tape----anything under the tree!...all pets will do this...it is bad behavior of them, but you have to keep them safe from that because they can become ill or even die from ingesting these!...one of my cats did this once and had tummy problems couldn't poop, and he laid on the floor meowed around, I knew what he had done, (he kept trying to chew on wrapped gifts)I knew he had ingested a sparkly ribbon on a gift while I was gone to town, so I gave him hairball remedy for a few days and he pooped out a sparkly purple ribbon!!!....haha....that's why I don't use ribbon on wrapping!.....

going to help my Grandma make her favorite candy today for Christmas next week....everybody likes it! I use a candy thermometer for making these kinds of candies....(Altitude can work against this recipe)...you can also purchase this already made in packaging at Atwoods stores, I saw it there...but I like homemade better.....lol..

Divinity

1 and 1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Water
pinch of Salt
1 jar of Marshmallow cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 c. Chopped Pecans

Boil sugar, water, and salt to hard boil stage , 250 degrees. Put marshmallow cream in mixing bowl, stir in hot syrup you just boiled, Beat until stands in peaks. Fold in vanilla and pecans, Drop by spoonfuls onto plate or waxed paper. set until cooled, then enjoy....store in container...

My grandma purchased Old Dominion Peanut Brittle this year, because they can't find plain peanuts for making brittle, so they like that brand just as good..i do too.



No comments:

Post a Comment