Saturday, December 12, 2015

wilton candy making supplies.....

Took my Grandma shopping yesterday, and I wanted to purchase her a gift from me...She likes the older ladies clothing stores and there was one at a time locally, and it has gone...She really liked the clothing and the cute sequins/sets on the clothes and embroidery...and now it is very difficult to find her clothes that she enjoys...*sad face* She liked a brand on tv called Quacker Factory and others....There just needs to be more clothing stores and the clothing lines/fashions for older ladies.....she didn't find anything she wanted so we will have to look some more...

Tractor Supply store----we went in there and purchased a few bags of feed and I looked at the clothing and toys....They had Carhartt coats and items...I already have a Carhartt coat and it is VERY warm...I use it out in the pasture when I am feeding cows or moving round bales--anything that I get dusty and covered with mud I have my Carhartt coat on in Winter...it's very dusty and warm!...lol...I always wash it once a month.......and they had Muck Boots that we use in the fields and working/feeding cows...I make jokes about using Muk Luks in the pens/corrals because I don't like taking those off...they are nice...but it's actually Muck boots I use in the pens/corrals.....haha! they had so many agriculture toys and sets...many farming/rodeo/cowboy toy sets with figurines.....oh, those are nice!

We just purchased some Red Bird Peppermint soft puff candies, cinnamon disk candy, Fruit Cake, Meat/Cheese sampler set---We like to gift all of these. and Hiland Egg Nog---I am trying egg nog for the first time in years!..haha!....I like all of the Hiland items....My Grandma doesn't like it but I am going to try it later today....lol....we purchased a few items for Christmas and my Grandma is making her own candy this year...so I decided to try and create something unique, challenging and fun this year....

I have purchased 2 Wilton Christmas candy molds, piping bags, tips, and numerous bags of the Wilton colorful melting chocolates..so I will have many different colorful chocolates.....I haven't attempted to make candy with these fun shaped molds yet! I know some of the intricate detailing on the molds will require toothpicks with a little colorful chocolate on them to place on the very intricate tiny details....That is going to be fun....the melting wafers are smallish and you melt them in microwaveable bowls and then use them in the molds...not too hot when melting!!!...I am going to work on creating these in a few weeks! before Christmas Eve they will be completed...

I am also going to create marshmallow kabobs with skewers and I purchase the grandest size marshmallow there is to use, and they can be drizzled or placed in bowls of colorful chocolate on the skewers, you can also drizzle the chocolate on pretzels or place them also into bowls of colorful chocolate....I like pretzels, I like Rold Gold brand or any off brand I like those...after the chocolate is on these, you can immediately sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles!.....Another pretzel i like is the Super Pretzel----it is a soft pretzel in the frozen aisle and you heat it in the microwave and it has salt packets and sometimes cheese packets in the boxes of them, some are cinnamon, they are good!..but I don't use chocolate on the Super Pretzel!...gross!....haha!

the melting wafer chocolates from Wilton sometimes are peppermint or other kinds may be there, but I always read the label on the packages to make sure mine are just plain...IF you like peppermint chocolates then you can use those...or whatever they have! Lol....just remember to purchase many different bags of the Wilton melting wafers so you will have all the colorful chocolates for your molds, the candy will be colorful and something else creative!

I really like Wilton for baking/creating...their supplies are nice and work well.....some items you may want to save a little extra money for...

j.





No comments:

Post a Comment