Friday, December 4, 2015

sugar cookies recipe....favorite cake mixes...

Every year at Christmas it is a tradition to make sugar cookies at home...It is a lot of fun for me and just another way to be creative!

Men and Women can both make sugar cookies, laugh, invite others over to prepare sugar cookies one evening and just have fun...listen to some Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie while you decorate and create your sugar cookies....I like to laugh and giggle while I create sugar cookies!

I know some people are diabetic and you can make sugar free sugar cookies...

I prepared sugar cookies last night, just me, here at home. Here is my recipe:

Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. Butter (softened)
1 c. Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 c. Sifted Flour
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Blend together butter and sugar. Blend in egg. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to mixture. Blend in vanilla. Roll out on a lightly floured countertop/board and use cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. Move onto a cookie sheet. Bake on a lightly buttered cookie sheet in 350 degrees oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.

After cookies cool use these to decorate---
colorful icings/glitter icings
colorful sprinkles (nonpareils)
food coloring gel pens
colorful sugars

Be creative.

Utensils you can use to make the cookies are:

Mixing bowls
spatula
cookie cutters
measuring spoons
wooden spoon
whisk
cookie pan
rubber scraper
pot holders
oven mitts
aprons
regular spoon

sometimes I like to gift cookie making sets, like this and I will include a cute Christmas pen/pencil, erasers, Carry Along Activity Pad, Play Pack Grab and Go kits---and plastic container along with these utensils, just for added fun! maybe some Rudolph headband ears too!....haha!

Also it is tradition to make Christmas cakes this time of year with my Auntie, and I like decorating them with fondants, sprinkles, food coloring, gel pens, glitter icings..

some of my favorite cake mixes are:
Duncan Heinz
Pillsbury
Betty Crocker

I prefer pudding in the mix cake mixes...they work better.

Everybody needs to go have fun and make sugar cookies!

julie


No comments:

Post a Comment