Thursday, December 17, 2015

spices, seasonings, rubs, marinades, chili recipe....

It was very cold yesterday so I made a pan of chili...I always prepare one on cold days, everyone loved this! here is my recipe just for fun.

Southwest Chili

1 can of ranch style pinto beans with jalapenos
1 can of tomato paste--6oz can
1 can of tomato sauce--8oz can
1 Williams Chili Seasoning Mix package (or any chili seasoning mix package you can find)
1 and 1/2 lb of ground hamburger
16oz of water or 2 empty tomato sauce cans full of water it is the same as 16oz
1 medium onion chopped

In larger sized cooking pan, brown hamburger with onion well. Then add chili seasoning. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Heat/Simmer until Hot! Serve with crackers and cheddar cheese, sometimes you can place a teaspoon full of sour cream on the top of chili. I like to use this chili also on tacos, frito pie, hot dogs, nachos, chili cheese fries....everyone likes it!

I like Barbecue and smokey meats....When I prepare meats I like to soak them in marinades, or use food prep gloves and place a seasoned rub on the meats before cooking/smoking them, you can also sprinkle these rubs from containers also before cooking....they also use brown sugar as a rub for the meats....I like liquid smoke on meats and you pour it onto the meats to marinade/cook them..good! Hickory, Pecan, and Mesquite smokes and the wooden chips to smoke meats with in the fire are the favorites. Also when cooking/grilling meats charcoal briquettes are good to use in the grills/fire....Smoke Houses are good things needed for smoking meats for Barbecue...a good Barbecue sauce is always needed....You can always ask a professional meat smoke house worker about all that...lol...

I like Liquid Smokes for cooking meats, and these brands are the ones I enjoy---Colgin and Figaro.....a good company is Daddy Hinkles(here in Oklahoma) they have good seasoning and other cooking items that I enjoy....and my favorite barbecue sauces are Head Country--(here in Oklahoma) Sweet Baby Rays, and KC Masterpiece---all good!

I know many people like the spice sets, rubs, marinades and sauces for cooking, to gift for Christmas or other gifts and I like that....Daddy Hinkles has gift sets and they are very nice and good!..i enjoy their line of items...

Spices are needed for cooking and I don't like bland foods...I have to have spices, and I like spicy/hot with most of what I like to prepare....I have a spice rack that turns in my cabinet and it is very helpful to hold the spice containers....

these are the spices/seasonings I have in my cabinet to cook with:

seasoned salt, sea salt, regular table salt and pepper
chili powder
cayenne pepper
onion flakes or plain fresh onion works too!
lemon pepper seasoning---fresh lemon is good for cooking turkey in oven
oregano
thyme
garlic--fresh, or garlic salt or garlic powder
mint
turmeric
nutmeg
cloves
all spice
pumpkin pie spice
cinnamon
rosemary
basil
vanilla liquid and vanilla bean--if I can find it in stores!
brown sugar---for seasoning meats or baking
bay leaves
paprika
crushed red pepper flakes
sage
celery seed
mustard seed
cilantro--fresh
chives

I like to season cooking with jalapenos a lot when I grow them in the garden also...celery and lemon are good to work with to season meats..and onion as I mentioned....








No comments:

Post a Comment