Wednesday, July 6, 2016

baseball card collecting events....

 
My favorite summertime sport has to be baseball.
 
I have always enjoyed attending baseball games locally, and I know that so many people like to collect and purchase the baseball cards, and have for many years....
 
It is a wonderful way to collect nostalgia, and keep the old-fashioned traditions alive!
 
You need to keep your baseball cards you have collected in plastic coverings/in baseball card collecting books, free from contaminants...they have them for purchase at most chain stores...leave most of them sealed in packs....
 
Brands of Baseball cards I enjoy collecting throughout the years---
 
Don Russ
Topps
Fleer
many others.
 
I recently found a small pack of baseball cards in a promotional for a MarketSide pizza from Walmart....they were sealed inside the pizza box!....that was neato...I found them and I have them saved back...
 
Big League Chew--Bubble gum is one fun baseball themed candy, and I always see it in the stores and remember baseball in the summer time...
 
I know of the candy bar Baby Ruth and I purchased one the other day, we always think about the great baseball player Babe Ruth....I don't think in the beginning it was named actually for him, but it sort of become about his name....that's what I think about anyway when I enjoy a Baby Ruth candy bar....I know that's weird, but that's how I am....
 
I like to see these at the local baseball game concessions, just a nostalgic way to celebrate baseball....
 
I'd like to see local small towns have adult baseball leagues with team names, games, management, uniforms, schedules, equipment...I know a lot of adults who would like to have that locally in these small towns, or even the cities!...I'd attend the games and support them....something for people to be involved in, they could travel to other towns and compete...enjoyable for many.
 
Baseball card collecting events locally would be a lot of enjoyment/recreation for baseball collectors and enthusiasts...It would be another way to be social that is good, you could purchase new cards, talk about cards, have showings, raffles, prizes all near or about the time of baseball season...have refreshments, Baby Ruth candy bars, popcorn, sunflower seeds, Cracker Jacks or/and a Hot Dog Dinner party to purchase tickets for to raise money for local baseball teams...something fun you know?....
 
I enjoy seeing the baseball card boxes full of cards!..these would be so fun to raffle off or have for purchase at these baseball card collecting events....maybe even gift to collectors you know and love....or as prizes also..
 
I remember having a few packs of the baseball cards with one piece of chewing gum in the packs....lol...fun days!
 
j.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment