Wednesday, July 20, 2016

farm machinery safety.....

Very tired.

Purchased a Scooby Doo plush toy...it's very cute...I love Scooby!

Looking to purchase a new Beanie Boo plush or two, I have trouble finding them, I don't have but a few of them collected, wish I had them all.... *sad face*

I found a small instructional booklet today at Wal-Mart named Creative Potholders & Dishcloths by Leisure Arts, that is for crocheting potholders and dishcloths...it has very cute designs in it that are rare to see...Owls, Watermelon, football quarterback, tomato, corn on the cob, flowers...it is nice to see those available now, and with newer designs...Many people enjoy crocheting for stress relief and as a hobby....I don't have time right now to practice on that, but I know others may have the extra time. fun!

I purchased 2 small Shopkins that are the Petkins set...about $3/a piece...they are very cute and about pets....they have pet faces on them with noses and whiskers!..aww.....pretty!



Lots of hay baling going on, I think about the need to advise everyone before they start up the farm machinery that they need to always take proper precautions out there, always make sure you do not fall into machinery, have your clothing become hung up in the machinery, don't EVER let your pets go to the fields with you, they will be run over or even sadly caught up in the machinery!!!...

Throughout my life, I have heard about too many sad stories of field accidents where the farmer was mangled, hung-up or even killed, or the pets are severely injured or killed....I always think about that when we go to the fields to work on something or I see others farming...don't become ill with heat exhaustion, always bring plenty of ice chests with ice cubes and refreshments with you, water is always good while working in the field, take cell phones, snacks/sandwich in plastic Ziploc bags place in the ice chests, take your medicines always....it is so very easy to become ill from overworking and the hot weather!...

I have always enjoyed driving the tractor at night, it is very relaxing and cooler!..make sure you have lights that work properly!..pay attention to where you are driving at night in the field, don't drive over into canyons and watch where your tires are!!!.....you kind of have to know your field you are working in ahead of time..the moon and stars above are so very pretty at night while you are working in the field...peaceful...often family members work til 11pm to make sure they complete the field work to stay cooler....I know they enjoy that, those simple things like that are what life is about...



I enjoy living on a farm, farm work, learning the know-how, tough work, always being cautious, and enjoying a simple life....peace and quiet....you haven't lived until you work in the field at night and drive a tractor....the sky is beautiful....and during summer it is cooler....you rest well when you work late like that farming....

when you are a farmer you always wonder and worry about the weather for your farming and fields.

Oklahoma has a variety of weather and that is why I love it!....I know one day it may be hot, in a few hours cooler, rain, snow, thunderstorms, AND I don't think any place has a beautiful view of the stars and the moon like here at home!....I live under the Milky Way stars constellation.....millions of stars twinkling above so pretty! peaceful.

I just know we need to always take proper farming safety precautions and remember that machinery always needs to be handled, operated correctly....day or night.....and in the hot weather you need to stay cool as possible....

Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment