Tuesday, July 19, 2016

oklahoma panhandle, northwest oklahoma.....

There are many destinations in Oklahoma that you can visit and go for vacation.

One area of Oklahoma that is different and has it's own beauty is the Oklahoma Panhandle and the Northwestern half of Oklahoma....I have travelled through these areas before, going to baseball game tournaments, and just travelling through going to destinations....

The Panhandle of Oklahoma has been very poor, isolated, desolate for many, many years, it has the history of the terrible Dust Bowl, and I know many people moved away due to the harsh winds and dust storms there, it was very difficult to grow crops back then, and I suppose that is why there are not many communities there, I know there is a college there---lots of rodeo and cowboyin' at the college, and a few small towns....

It would be wonderful to grow communities, and cities there, the panhandle is located right there by 4 states that it touches...Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Texas....easy accessibility to many different states it would be good for tourism, building jobs, homes, businesses, I know it would be very neat to see that prosper after years of being so isolated, poor, desolate...I'd like to visit frequently....if that were to happen!

I saw Black Mesa in the distance once while I was travelling through....there is a sort of a park to visit there.

they have astronomy observation parties there in the Oklahoma Panhandle....I have heard about the dinosaur tracks there..i wish to see them sometime!

towns/cities I know of are:
Guymon
Boise City
Kenton
Goodwell
Little Ponderosa
Beaver
Elmwood
Keyes
Slapout
Logan
Balko
Turpin
Boyd
Bryan's Corner
Gray
Castaneda
Wheeless
Optima
Sturgis
Forgan
Rosston

Northwest Oklahoma is just right there also and I know they have many agricultural areas, I have been through there before going to a ball game tournament, and it is very isolated also...But I enjoyed driving through the area with my family.....

Towns/Cities:
Gage
Woodward
Shattuck
Laverne
Freedom
Buffalo
Waynoka
Alva
Arnett
Watonga---they have a Cheese Festival and many cheeses for purchase...it occurs on October 14-15th..i haven't been..yet..i enjoy cheese, I think they also have Oklahoma Wine vendors there also....I was gifted once a cheese shaped like Oklahoma..it was good!...I wish to attend someday if I ever get the chance to...I just adore local festivals and everything that goes with them...

these are good destinations for tourism and I know many towns simply need growth, jobs, and to prosper with goodness!...much potential.

j.




No comments:

Post a Comment