Sunday, July 10, 2016

bible school this month....

 
I have seen a few posters and advertisements in a few local towns for upcoming Bible School...we call it VBS (short for Vacation Bible School)......

Whenever I was younger I always attended the whole week, I enjoyed making new friends, crafts/art, singing, music, and goodie bags...we all looked forward to the goodies bags, and the food snacks in the evening!....lol....

I usually had good family members working in the VBS during summer and I knew I was going to be ok there....

They usually pre-order the whole VBS theme, sets, literature, puppets, arts & crafts.....sometimes local small towns share the whole set/theme.....it can be pricey...you may also be able to order the VBS whole set from a Christian store like Mardel's..... 

I enjoy how they theme the whole week, sometimes we even created our own t-shirts with paints....it was fun back then! certain colorful patterns, ideas, stage props...we had VBS work books we worked in all week...

A bible school week is usually built all around a passage from the Bible and you talk about topics that week that relate to the passage in the Bible or the Bible verse...

being social and very active in your community is always good!...Starting out in a new town I know can be challenging and taking part in church work/activities like Bible School are always good ways to get to know others in the town....Donate your time, or donate money, supplies, or prepackaged sealed cookies/snacks for the children to VBS or maybe sunday school..if you can afford it...

we always had punch, and cookies placed on paper plates as snacks in the evenings...just any cookies will be just fine, always include cookies for food allergies/diabetes sugar free also..i know when I worked on Bible school a few years ago a few of the children had those problems...so we had those snacks there also....

the theme for VBS this year is called Submerged and I have seen that advertised locally....an underwater theme....

I have helped out with VBS for many years and I quite enjoy helping out!...I helped with puppets, crafts, music...it's always been fun and I think it is a good event to help out with, take part in to give back, donate your time to a good cause....

Children always remember the good times with fun church events I think..i always have anyway!...lol...

we always have created a bracelet or a necklace with beads, a little glue and those plastic cords..I still have my necklace like this:

 

VBS lasts a week and you should always make very sure that children are always monitored, and if you have children you may wish to help out the church people that are taking part in the event...

Music, crafts, building sets, helping with puppet characters, preparing snacks/punch, all of these are ways to be helpful within your church....donations are always needed at church events...but if you donate any bottled punch, food/snacks make sure they are prepackaged/sealed....

I would always attend VBS then I knew the fun of summer was over for me in a month.....back to school...lol...

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment