Monday, October 28, 2019

dehydrators for the kitchen !!! dry foods !!!

Lately I have been using the food dehydrator to create beef jerky !!! I enjoy this as a healthy protein snack !!!! I marinade the thin slices of meat, then I let that soak in a plastic zip lock bag for two hours !!!! I use brown sugar, soy sauce, liquid smoke !!!! There's a recipe online for that !!! NICE !!!! Meat cuts vary !!! Jerky style. Be thin with the meat cuts so it will dehydrate properly !!!

PLACE ON THE DEHYDRATOR DRYING RACKS !!!
The dehydrator I have is stackable, so I remove, set, fill, replace after I place the just marinated meat on the racks, drips some, so try to lose some liquid as you remove from the Ziploc bags by gently tapping with the fork, dangles so try to let it drip some back into bag before placing onto dehydrator racks !!!!

LET AIR DRY IN DEHYDRATOR SEVERAL HOURS ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS BOOKLET INCLUDED IN BOX !!!!

I let the beef jerky and any other meats dehydrate for many hours until these are totally well done, after removing I season immediately with seasoned salt, and place into containers or another clean Ziploc plastic bag AFTER cooling !!!!

DEHYDRATE VEGETABLES, FRUITS, MEATS !!!
I think the dried fruits and vegetables are just nifty for a quick snack, MUST dry several hours REMEMBER !!!!

A few I LOVE to create with dehydrator in the kitchen !!!!::::

-- dried strawberries, for cereal
-- banana chips
-- dried apricots
-- prunes
-- peppers, ALL ANY !!!!
-- Apple chips
-- ALL vegetables !
-- pears
-- peaches
-- ALL berries
-- cranberries
-- cherries
-- pineapple
-- grapes ! Create raisins 
-- ANY fruit !
 -- yogurt !!! Follow instructions booklet recipes !!!

POTPOURRI + SACHETS !!!

My booklet tells of creating the nicely fragrant potpourri + SACHETS IF you're into this kinda thing to create !!! Very interesting, just add the spices the recipe booklet requires, create something pretty to gift others or yourself, holiday potpourri is very cutesy with adornments on the packages !!!! Just thought of this one from seeing it in the dehydrator booklets !!!!

DRY FLOWERS !!!!

You may wish to preserve, by dehydration beautiful flowers you are given, or you may purchase ADD to the potpourri OR ???? Just preserve and keepsake in a flower box as a memory !!!!

REMEMBER TO WASH AFTER EACH USE !!! KEEP SANITARY AND CLEAN !!!

Bacteria, and the nasty icky salmonella bacteria / virus can be found IF we don't keep these dehydrators VERY clean !!! WASH with dish soap, bleach in the water, and let air dry on kitchen dish rack !!! BE CLEAN. ALWAYS !!!!

Anyways, I hope this is helpful and maybe more so clean + sanitary way for us to dry, dehydrate our foods, and flowers !!!! Soooooooo FUN !!! 

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment