Friday, August 7, 2015

canning tomatoes, juice, salsa...

Lots of tomatoes this year because of the good rains past couple of months...too bad it's not still raining right now...too hot outside!

Some of the tomatoes had ripened and i had quite a few of them...so we blanched them(cooked) in a pan and then stored in sealing jars..just the regular glass jar storage...the same way I made all those pickles!...haha!

I put away some whole tomatoes and then I used the food strainer/colander and made a few more sealed jars of tomato juice that I will use this fall when I make vegetable soups and sauces...

My Grandma worked on this too and we shared all the sealed jars...I got half and she got half of the jars...

I made a small batch of salsa today out of fresh tomatoes and I placed it in a jar with a lid.....I tried some and it is very good...it's in the refrigerator staying cool..i like cilantro, onions, diced garlic in my salsa I create..

i like the the smell of fresh cilantro and salsa....It is very good with tortilla chips...it's a fresh favorite in the summer...

After we completed working on all those projects, I took my Grandparents to lunch at Taco Mayo.

They like going to lunch at Taco Mayo..it's a nice restaurant chain....I like their menu items..I just wish that the menu included a few more Tex-Mex items...My Grandparents have tried everything on the menu for years there....haha!

I like all Mexican food restaurants..some of my favorite dining choices....

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment