Monday, August 3, 2015

wheat planting.....lip balm...

Already August---

Trying to work on tractor this week to make sure the air conditioning works so we can get wheat ground ready....checking oil, gauges, tires...

Diesel tank needs filled again...

We will have to plow the ground up then plant the wheat...We have to purchase plenty of the wheat seed to get the work done quickly....

i have to take grease and machinery oil and make sure all the equipment is greasy enough to make all the parts of the machinery able to turn and work properly...

whenever we plant the wheat seed I like to keep the boxes filled full of the wheat seed on the machinery...

keeping the rows lined up right can sometimes be tough to do when you plant the wheat.

I always wear a dust mask and sunglasses...

it's always nice when there is a thunderstorm on the way....I like to stand there and watch the rain clouds roll in, listen and watch the lightning streak across the dark blue sky after we get the work done...I watch the clouds and sky get darker and build way up into the sky and then I know it will make it all grow.....quiet and peaceful watching that.

it's nice to have a radio to listen to when planting!.....haha!

Canola is a crop that we planted years ago....I like Canola and I think the yellow flowers are very bright and cheerful....I always use Canola oil with all my cooking that requires cooking oil to help support local farmers.....it is healthier I think and makes cooking better....Should be time to plant Canola in a month!

Cotton, sorghum, corn, rye are all crops we have planted before also....

frost dates and soil temperature are something you always have to think about...

soybean is another crop that people in other parts of the state like to grow...it is very useful as well...

whenever we planted cotton before, sometimes for a laugh I would go take some cotton off of the plant and use it to apply medicine on my leg where I got an itchy rash from a Bull Nettle plant..ouch!..lol..

those are some good times...just a wide open field and a pretty sky...work, peace and quiet..

Had to purchase some lip balm yesterday, my mouth is sunburned/windburned from this hot weather so I was in the feed store and got some Carmex....

It's a good lip balm when you need a lip balm...I always purchase it for quick healing...works and inexpensive!

I have purchased it forever...I like it in the jars and the tubes.....I like the smell of it.

Carmex that's all I like...I think it's available in other stores too...




















No comments:

Post a Comment