Monday, August 24, 2015

dairy farmers....

I was looking in my Grandparents old dairy barn yesterday...It is still standing and I walked into the barn..I remember when I was a small girl and how I was able to help out with something all the time when I stayed at my Grandparents house....

I always liked the color of the dairy tiles in their dairy...they are light blue and still there...

My grandparents retired from the dairy industry a long time ago....they worked the dairy for years....

My Grandparents were always VERY clean and tidy with their dairy equipment and their barn...My Grandpa had a very nice dairy herd and he took very good care of them always...He always treated them humanely and respectfully.....My Grandpa likes animals just like I do...he has always taught me to treat all animals respectfully and with kindness...never ever hurt them!

I was able to feed them while they were in the barn and I was able to help out as much as I could at that age.....

too many times I have seen on tv that some dairies are cruel to their cows/herd and that makes me upset and is very terrible!....

All dairies should be cleaned everyday and the equipment needs to always be properly sterilized/cleaned on time and everyday as well...

it was nice to learn all about the dairy business when I was a small girl...I learned a lot about care and proper treatment of the cows/herd and the cleaning process....

AND getting things completed/cleaned by a certain time.....I learned about that too!...haha...waking up early to complete your work is important....

something I liked to always work on was catching a small amount of milk in a silver pan in the dairy floor that my Grandpa would pour out of a smallish milk tank....I would take that silver pan and set it outside the dairy barn and the little kittens would run up to the bowl and drink fresh milk!....it was fun for me and I thought that was so cute!

I drink milk everyday..it is great for your bones and a doctor has told me that when I am having stomach upsets to always try to drink milk to help with issues.....and it works!

There is a company called AMPI and when they would stop by my Grandparents house, they would purchase their milk products.....I really like AMPI because they help dairy farmers and they are very good quality products....

I like all milk products, and I support humane treatment and respectful treatment of all farm animals....

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment