Saturday, August 29, 2015

muscular dystrophy, diabetes, crohn's, lupus, cystic fibrosis.......

I have always been aware of terrible upsetting diseases of the body, that people can be born with and afflicted with in their lives...it makes me very sad...

Some of these diseases many people may not have even heard of or know about....

A few of these that I am aware of:

Muscular dystrophy----Progressive weakening and wasting of muscles.

Diabetes---Many forms of diabetes....result in too much sugar in the blood....very dangerous so we have to always try to eat healthy, eat in moderation, and watch our sugar intake!...I love candies and sugar but I know to always not try too much candy everyday!...There are many sugars that are safer for diabetes one is called Splenda....you can cook with it and they have some products that have Splenda already in them...very sweet just like real sugar.....

Diabetic candies are available for everyone with diabetes to enjoy in Splenda , and other forms of not real sugar....I know about Diabetes because a few people in my family have had diabetes....

Crohn's disease---This disease is very upsetting because you have bowel inflammations and upsets the lining of the digestive tract is inflamed, causes dysentery all the time...everyday.

Lupus---Inflammatory disease and the immune system attacks it's own tissues.Causes fatigue, joint pains, and rash on your face.

Multiple sclerosis---disease where the immune system ruins the protective covering of nerves.

Cystic Fibrosis----Disease that causes mucus problems in lungs and other organs constantly...

Asthma---I have this one...and that is when your lungs can't fill all the way with air because they are inflamed, narrow, and swell...causes extra fluid in lungs....annoying.

Rheumatoid arthritis---I have this one too!....Inflammatory disorder affecting joints, old injuries....annoying as well...swells in summer and winter...painful at all times....and when moving constantly/quickly....

much more awareness needs to be brought to these awful diseases as well as many more studies/research and fundraisers to help find cures, or at least make life livable for these people afflicted with these terrible diseases..

combatting diseases and all medical ailments is very stressful, upsetting, expensive and we always need to support the research and help out people facing these very expensive, challenging and tough situations...

There are many treatments and medicines to help with these diseases and that will help the people afflicted with these diseases at least have a better chance to survive....

I don't have anywhere near the complications or problems like people with those very serious diseases have...I just have mild asthma and I do hurt terribly with Rheumatoid arthritis and I do have days I hurt awful...but I am ok and I know how to combat my ailments....

we always need to think of these people with these terrible diseases, and show support for them and keep people aware of them.

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment