Friday, December 15, 2017

Holly and the ivy......

I think the holly + the ivy is very beautiful this time of year.

The red berries, green sharp leaves, very noticeable for Christmas.......Very difficult to find these fresh, real, locally, I know the red berries are toxic, so never eat, never let pets ingest these either !

I think the fake artificial holly + the ivy are just as beautiful as the real, alive plant.......

The holly + the ivy represent Christmas to us I have heard.

The sharp green leaves represent Jesus crown of thorns, placed on his head, during crucifixion on the cross...

The red berries represent the drops of blood Jesus shed during the crucifixion.........

Very symbolic for Christmas....

I find the mini fresh / real Christmas plants for decorating at Wal-Mart, near bakery......fragrant some, all styles, types....the holly I think on one I found, can't be for sure....?

I enjoy these Christmas season with the holly + the ivy every year, the fake plants, great to decorate with.....rare to find holly + the ivy fresh / real locally....

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment